When did they start charging to get guitar pro tabs?

I find it dishonest to charge for tabs made by users. Am I alone on this? Is UG a corporate ***** like every other musicians' resource now? Why is everything spiraling into a capitalist hell?

Anyone else feel like this is a bit unfair? I mean, if I make a tab, I want everyone to be able to enjoy it for free. Are they charging for my power tabs/guitar pro tabs as well? I didn't agree to that!
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
Learn songs by ear. Did Eddie Van Halen or John Petrucci learn by guitar pro tabs? Look how they turned out.
They want me to pay a monthly fee to hear/download guitar pro. EVEN THE ONES I FRIKKING MADE MYSELF. What is this?
Quote by Meths

Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
Quote by smartguyreviews
Just scroll under it

THIS! if you look just a bit lower, you will find what you want.
Quote by fret-less
They want me to pay a monthly fee to hear/download guitar pro. EVEN THE ONES I FRIKKING MADE MYSELF. What is this?

That's not guitar pro, that's UG's own guitar software...
Oh, no, they want me to download an extra-feature or something, I was mislead.
Quote by Meths

Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs

Man, learn songs by ear. Not only do you become more aware of the instrument, when you actually start writing stuff, you'll have a good sense of structure, and well creativity as opposed to reading stuff off paper