Hi all! ... Again.

I was just wondering if moving from a Fender Stratocaster Squier Affinity series to an ESP LTD M-100FM. http://www.iconmusic.com.au/store/electric-guitars/esp-guitars/m-series-ltd/esp-ltd-m-100fmstb-electric-guitar.html

My budget is only $500 and I've heard pretty good things about this guitar; I mainly play metal and what not. Is this is a good idea? I've had the Squier for two years!
Even if I do get it, will the difference be noticeable?
Last edited by Azoshi at Sep 2, 2011,
When playing metal, this guitar could very well suit you better than a Strat.
The differences will be very noticeable, not only will you trade in singlecoil pickups for humbuckers, but you'll also have a very different neck (neckprofile, scale, number of frets) and a Floyd Rose (which might be difficult to set up, if you never have before).

I myself went from a cheap Strat copy to a ESP Ltd. and I have to say they really do have value for the money. Solidly build and very good looking.

I don't really think this buy would come back to haunt you!
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
I did almost exactly the same thing, and it came down to the LTD and my ibanez, and i almost prefered the LTD, but decided i didn't really need a floyd
GEAR:
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH
Ibanez RGA-32
Peavey Vypyr 15
Line 6 Pod Studio GX + Pod Farm
well if you don't need the floyd, it's probably a better guitar, and the pickups are better imo
GEAR:
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH
Ibanez RGA-32
Peavey Vypyr 15
Line 6 Pod Studio GX + Pod Farm