Page 1 of 2
if a cure for cancer were found tomorrow how many people would then begin to smoke cigarettes? would you?
maybe the patient would be given a shot and the cancer would magically disappear.
if i were in the tobacco industry i would be working on cures for cancer.
thoughts?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
No. Seeing cancer isn't the only bad thing that can be caused by cigarettes, I mean.
"Of all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these: it might have been."

Quote by guitarplayer$
I was in a band in grade 7 with a could of dudes named "dabo" and tyler. My name's steve so we actually went on stage as S.T.D.
If you were in the tobacco company and were looking for a cure to cancer your in the wrong line of industry and wouldn't earn a penny

Already smoke so meh
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Some people will probably relapse, but I don't think the fear of cancer is holding back most people. They simple don't like it. Even with a cure for cancer you can get other things from cigarettes. Also getting cancer treatment is still costly.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
say, hypotheically the cure was cheap. what other diseases might you get from cigarettes?

i figured most people didnt smoke because "it gives you cancer" which i hear about 800 times a month being a smoker myself.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
I smoke and touch wood I quit Wednesday but really I hate it, it's more than just a cancer stick there's other ailments associated with it and apart from that it smells horrible and discolours your teeth and skin.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
I'm too poor to smoke...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
There's multiple cures for cancer, and chemotherapy is certainly not one of them, it's a terrible self-destructive "treatment". The Government makes more money from people suffering from cancer than they would if they were curing it, it's sad but true.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
The Government makes more money from people suffering from cancer than they would if they were curing it, it's sad but true.
Are you stupid?

You think people don't smoke because it can give them cancer?

That is the single stupidest thing I saw today.
You're late to the party man, they already cured it. Just waiting for red tape now.
LtBrenton

Quote by Douglas Adams
The art of flying lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Quote by soulflyV

If I didn't have a mudkip in there, I'd sig that.

http://ltbrenton.wordpress.com My blog. Check it out.

☠ ☠ ☠
I already smoke (a bit too much in my opinion), so it won't change my habits, but I wouldn't smoke any more. It's not the cancer scare that's keeping me where I am (5 a day or so), but the fact that if I smoke too much I start feeling disgusted, both of myself and of cigarettes.

This thread made me want to listen to Leonard Cohen.
Last edited by jimmyled at Sep 2, 2011,
I wouldn't smoke, because of the fact that i hate the taste and smell of cigarettes, and I've tried them many times, and i still can not see how anyone can become addicted to it.
Quote by psyks

Tobacco taxes. Sad but true, Something like 10 billion dollars a year government income from tobacco tax in the US.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Harvey Swick
say, hypotheically the cure was cheap. what other diseases might you get from cigarettes?

i figured most people didnt smoke because "it gives you cancer" which i hear about 800 times a month being a smoker myself.

heart disease
cancers of the lung, larynx, oral cavity, and esophagus
chronic bronchitis
emphysema
chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD or COLD)
Smoking is also a contributory factor for the development of cancers of the bladder, pancreas, and kidney. Children exposed to secondhand smoke are at an increased risk for sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), acute respiratory infections, ear problems, and more severe asthma.
Came into this thread thinking that there is a new working cancer medicine finally being made...Kinda sad now.
I still wouldn't smoke. It's just another expense I don't need.
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Quote by Vauxite
There's multiple cures for cancer, and chemotherapy is certainly not one of them, it's a terrible self-destructive "treatment". The Government makes more money from people suffering from cancer than they would if they were curing it, it's sad but true.
This. Glad to see someone who actually knows how it works.

I think no ultimate cure for cancer will ever be available, as cancer is (unfortunately) one of the main things that helps prevent overpolulation. If someone finds a good cure, the governments will never make it legal.
All cancer aside, smoking cigarettes is a disgusting habit to me. so no, I wouldn't start.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by cptcomet
I smoke and touch wood I quit Wednesday but really I hate it, it's more than just a cancer stick there's other ailments associated with it and apart from that it smells horrible and discolours your teeth and skin.

Good on you, I quit touching wood too. All those splinters.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
It'd be too expensive, but if I could afford it then I probably would. Imagine how cool I'd look if there was no risk of cancer killing me.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
If only they made cigarettes that didn't leave you smelling like shitty cigarettes. I smoke a pack a day so I constantly smell like Newports. You have no idea how much it stinks when you're used to it.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by Zeletros
Are you stupid?

You think people don't smoke because it can give them cancer?

That is the single stupidest thing I saw today.

I agree, absolutely nobody is swayed towards not smoking by the fact that smoking gives you cancer.
coincidence you post this now.. yesterday an article appeared on one of my country's main news channels. i'ts in dutch but i'll post it anyway.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/962/Gezondheid/article/detail/1312763/2011/09/01/Nieuw-virus-maakt-jacht-op-kankercellen-en-doodt-ze.dhtml

in short, it sais canadian researchers successfully tested a virus that is modified to only settle in tumor and cancer cells. it stops the growth and eventually destroys the cancer cells without harming normal cells. basicly it makes the cancer sick and kills it. btw the virus is a modified version of the smallpox virus. (family of the herpes virus)

if it's true and further testing is succesfull this is amazing news. especially to me and my fellow smoking future cancer patients. get rid of cancer, get herpes!
Last edited by vince1991 at Sep 2, 2011,
Quote by ctfod
Good on you, I quit touching wood too. All those splinters.
Your avatar is... mesmerising.

And what's with the conspiracy theory talk?
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Last edited by mental_cookie at Sep 2, 2011,
Quote by LtBrenton
You're late to the party man, they already cured it. Just waiting for red tape now.

This, and not this. Yeah, Canadian scientists (ATTA BOY CANADA), found a cure basically, something in the HIV cells or something like that. The idea was scraped, (well not scraped, but we won't use it) It's just far too profitable from people suffering and all the money going into research, and not to mention would put THOUSANDS of scientists out of a job.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I'd quit smoking, just to be different.
Quote by guitar_fingers
I agree, absolutely nobody is swayed towards not smoking by the fact that smoking gives you cancer.

Are you kidding?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 2, 2011,
Quote by Tango616
This, and not this. Yeah, Canadian scientists (ATTA BOY CANADA), found a cure basically, something in the HIV cells or something like that. The idea was scraped, (well not scraped, but we won't use it) It's just far too profitable from people suffering and all the money going into research, and not to mention would put THOUSANDS of scientists out of a job.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/18/big-pharma-ignoring-potential-cancer-cure/

Yea it's Fox news but it's straight to the point. You know how Mexico has drug cartels blowing shit up? We should just give the cartels the cure and let them smuggle that shit into the US.
Agreed, it's actually pretty sad when you think about our priorities

I guess we have to have a way to keep the population down I suppose though.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Buurman
No. Seeing cancer isn't the only bad thing that can be caused by cigarettes, I mean.

This. Bizarrely, increased potential of developing lung cancer isn't the main thing that puts me off smoking.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

More smokers die of heart disease than cancer, broseph.

Come back when you've cured heart disease.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
The added analysis that is done on assorted types of cancer, the added cures we will accept on our hands, and thus-the added lives we will wind up saving. The appellation 'cancer' no best has to be a afterlife sentence. Rather, blight is something that abounding of us are able to face arch on, reassured that all of the analysis and medical experts will one day acquisition a cure for all causes and forms of cancer.
The reason i don't smoke isn't a fear of cancer it's because its a massive waste of money.
Cool necrobump new guy
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
No, cigarettes are still disgusting.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Page 1 of 2