I've been using my sisters orange crush 30R for a while now, but I can only really play through it without headphones when everyone else is out, it's just too loud and isn't that versatile IMO.

So, my birthday's coming up and hopefully I'll get some moneyz and I'm putting it towards a new amp. Atm I'm looking at the Line 6 lowdown 15, the Ibanez SWX20 and the Peavey Max 110.

Anyone tried out/have any of these amps? I'm looking for versatiliy mostly, which is why I'm leaning towards the Line 6, but the shop I'll be getting it from has the other two amps as well so I thought I might as well have a look at them too.

Thanks
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
I think with small combo amps, it doesn't really matter. Its not powerful enough to be any louder than the amp you already have and probably won't sound a whole lot better either.

I would personally save up for a bigger amp really. In your situation, you're going from a small amp to another small amp. That won't do much, if at all.

EDIT: Just found out the 30R is a guitar amp and not a bass amp. I'd advise you to stop playing through it before you blow the speaker out. In this case, any BASS amp would be a huge improvement.
pinga
Last edited by Cb4rabid at Sep 2, 2011,
Yeah I got the name wrong, it IS a bass amp, Ive been playing guitar for 5 years, Im not a n00b :P

My situation is I need a quieter amp, Im definitely not getting a bigger amp...

EDIT: Its a crush 20b, and although i know I wont be able to go much quieter, I'd still like to get an amp thats more versatile, which I know I will be if I got the Line 6
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

Last edited by archerygenious at Sep 2, 2011,
As far as quieter, you've already got a pretty small amp there. I guess you could go from the Line 6 if you want to fiddle around with different tones and stuff
pinga
Yeah that was my initial thought, but i saw the shop had those so I thought I'd better take a quick look at them as well rather than go straight for the line 6, and although the orange it pretty small, I can still not have the volume past 1 (not 1 o'clock, 1) without it getting too lud and pissing everyone off :/

if you're playing a 20w on 1 then im guessing theres not much bass at all so what about http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search/search.jsp?fA=a&fI=2002&fV=site1AQAG&fT=2002:site1AQAG&gP=1&_=1314995056566&sB=pLH&v=g&pS=20&lP=s&question=mini guitar amps I know they are for guitar and will probably sould very thin and tinny but it will definitely be quiet. You could also try small guitar amps since its hard to find a bass amp smaller than 10 watts...I play out of a cheap 10w sometimes when I dont feel like dragging my only slightly larger bass amp into the living room for jams. and yes if its loud it distorts. And i know it could blow the speaker but as of yet it hasnt and if it does, it only cost me $10. Just throwing those out there