hi guys,

ive been contemplating replacing my bridge humbucker a bridge P90 Pickups in my les paul studio. i want it cause i want more versatility and although normal single have great clarity and brightness i dont think that they have enough "oomph" and bite. it is also part of my long term financial savings plan which will basicly stop me from having to buy a guitar with p90's and a guitar with single coils and instead just one guitar with single coils.

i know that usually people put P90's into there neck position but i love my neck humbucking tone and i dont use my bridge humbucker so much so i would rather put a P90 there and see if i like it more... i also think id like the tone of a P90 in the bridge position anyway cause it has more bite. i have read great comments on other forums abouts the sound of a p90 in the bridge position so i have no worries about that but i want to know which one to buy. please no more suggestions as they confuse me!!!!!!!!!

i want to know a few things first...

1) I want a BG Pups Pure90 Pickup, its a humbucker sized P90 that has a P90 sized Coil (most humbucker sized p90's dont) and Classic P90 Cover so it has a proper p90 tone.
It comes in Cream, White and Black.

i have two questions about it : A) what colour would the best and would it look good in the bridge position? B)

2) Should i go for it or should i get the Gibson P94 Humbucker Sized P90's (not as likely because although they better the cover is chrome which slightly effects the tone and although the pickup is single coil it is humbucker sized)

QUESTION - SHOULD I GET A P90 AND WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET OUT OF THE OPTIONS?
YES. P90's rule. You will immediately replace the neck pickup once you realize the difference. Worst mistake I ever made was selling my LP Studio Gem (I had a green one)and I have regretted it since. If you get a humbucker sized one, you can always switch back. ALWAYS use creme covers, as they have superior tonal qualities, higher resale value, and reduce male pattern baldness by 87%.
"Life's too short for bad tone"-Rev. Billy Gibbons
Quote by CNILE
YES. P90's rule. You will immediately replace the neck pickup once you realize the difference. Worst mistake I ever made was selling my LP Studio Gem (I had a green one)and I have regretted it since. If you get a humbucker sized one, you can always switch back. ALWAYS use creme covers, as they have superior tonal qualities, higher resale value, and reduce male pattern baldness by 87%.

Thanks, I will get one and I will go for the BG Pure90 in the bridge position but I probably won't buy a neck P90 pickup because I love my neck humbucker and I want a lot of tonal versatility. I would like to know what you think is tonally superior - a bridge p90 or a neck one? Most people I have asked have said that they rather the bridge p90.