Hey, My friend bought a Peavey Vypyr 15 watt amp and the distortion on it is awesome! I'm planning to buy one too. My budgets 100$. The Line 6 Spider IV 15 watt also comes in this range. So does the line 6 sound better than peavey? I dont use any effects so leave the features part. I just want to know which has better distortion. I play mostly lunk rock , hard rock.
Quote by kjohn333
I play mostly lunk rock , hard rock.

you mean punk rock? I thought maybe I'm a dinosaur and don't know modern music styles))

You can watch youtube demos, but I think difference is not so big. I advice to buy a cheaper one and hoard money for a tube amp
The Line 6 Spider is usually recommended as an amp to avoid but at your price range you dont have a big range of amps to choose from. i would definately buy the peavey vypyr though. if you dont already know what a tube amp is do some research or ask the forums. it would be a very good idea to save for a tube amp.
If you could save Rs 2000-3000 more you could get a laney tube amp.One is for 8 watts and the Rs.12000 on e is around 12 watts.I don't know if you can get distortion just from the amp.You'll have to use some effects.
Gear:
Ibanez RGT6EX
Line 6 Spider 3 15
Hobner 265

Quote by Lost Dog
People absolutely love to see horrible accidents and murders, as well as any sort of fighting really. Just look at the news. We wouldn't watch it if it was boring.
Vypyr all the way. I was having a hard time making that decision once between a spider IV 75w or a Vypyr 75w. I chose the Vypyr, and im glad i did. I played my friends Spider IV a few months after i got my Vypyr and the thing just sounded like complete and utter crap. The distortion on the spider sounds like a lot of buzzing bees, while the distortion on the Vypyr sounds like the sky is splitting open to release the god of rock.
Go Vypyr. I use one for a practice amp. They're solid. You can get good tones if you know how to EQ at all which is a plus.
  • Beer
  • Friends
  • Producing and Recording
  • Sitcoms
  • Eastern Kentucky University
  • Dead Fret

My ambition is handicapped by laziness
Quote by MonsterMetalMus
Vypyr all the way. I was having a hard time making that decision once between a spider IV 75w or a Vypyr 75w. I chose the Vypyr, and im glad i did. I played my friends Spider IV a few months after i got my Vypyr and the thing just sounded like complete and utter crap. The distortion on the spider sounds like a lot of buzzing bees, while the distortion on the Vypyr sounds like the sky is splitting open to release the god of rock.

I wouldn't go that far lol. The Peavey is better yes, but not that much better. The main reason for Spider hate is because it's overpriced compared to the Peavey, Fender Mustang, Vox etc and is always pushed by salesmen onto unsuspecting noobs.
Get a used Roland cube 20x.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Tube amps are so costly, and after spending 12000 rupees youl get a small amp qith just one knob! Is there anyway to connect the vypyr 15 on to a cabinet?
Where did all of this rupees nonsense come from? He listed in dollars, and if you took the time to convert the dollars to rupees, at least convert it back.

I'd go with the Vypyr, or save a little and go used.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Where did all of this rupees nonsense come from? He listed in dollars, and if you took the time to convert the dollars to rupees, at least convert it back.

I'd go with the Vypyr, or save a little and go used.

he's in India, man.

I'd go with the Vypyr, it's much better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I own a Vypyr 15, I am so glad I didn't go with the spider, the Vypyr is much better.

You get better distortions and sweeter cleans with the Vypyr. Not to mention better quality.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Actually for punk rock,I'd recommend something like a Vox VT. The tones from the VT sound better than those of the Vypyr for punk rock.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Sep 2, 2011,
Quote by ragingkitty
Actually for punk rock,I'd recommend something like a Vox VT. The tones from the VT sound better than those of the Vypyr for punk rock.

this ^