Page 1 of 2
This is intended only for those 21 and over *wink* *wink*. For those of you who are old enough to drink, what's your favorite beer and why?

Some things to consider

• Aftertaste
  • Price
  • Alcohol Percentange
  • Hangover Percentage

After all is said and done, rate the beer of your choice.

I'm going to go ahead and say Newcastle Brown Ale.

Newcastle Brown Ale was first brewed in 1927 in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, by Jim Porter after three years of development. Production moved from Newcastle to Gateshead at the end of 2004 and to Tadcaster on closure of the Dunston brewery in 2010.

I'm going to have to say 7/10 for Newcastle.

It's moderately priced, has a distinct taste and doesn't make you feel like you got raped by a stegosaurus in the morning.

I'd like to hear some other suggestions so that maybe I can try some new types of beer or have an excuse to!
Last edited by bestguitarsolo at Sep 2, 2011,
Ambar. That shit is good.

And by the way, why 21? UG is international, here we drink when we are 18 (Europe).
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Newcastle
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Dragon Smoke Stout.

It's a beautiful drink from a small scale brewery here in the UK, I've only ever seen it in my local, and it's absolutely divine.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Dragon Smoke Stout.

It's a beautiful drink from a small scale brewery here in the UK, I've only ever seen it in my local, and it's absolutely divine.

I'm with you there. We have it on where I work quite often in Sheffield. In a few years I shall be UG's ultimate authority on beer as I shall have completed an MSc in microbrewing and will either have my own micro brewery or will be working at an already established one.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Beer of choice is Landshark. The U.S. isn't really known for it's good beers. Coors is usually what I end up with. I'm not above drinking natty or something cheap though.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Quote by Ed Hunter
I'm with you there. We have it on where I work quite often in Sheffield. In a few years I shall be UG's ultimate authority on beer as I shall have completed an MSc in microbrewing and will either have my own micro brewery or will be working at an already established one.

You've always been a man of fine taste
Quote by GLP_Arclite

There are SOO many beers out there that I haven't tried. There's a local place around here called "World Of Beers" and they carry beers from Czech, India, Germany and all over the world but we still miss out on that local brew. Can't wait to travel to Europe.
Doom Bar
Black Sheep

and if i'm honest, the odd pint of stella. but i don't like to talk about that
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by parigod
Beer of choice is Landshark. The U.S. isn't really known for it's good beers. Coors is usually what I end up with. I'm not above drinking natty or something cheap though.

Landshark is pretty good. They compete heavily with Corona. I've been to a few local bars where they run 3-1 landshark promotions. When you add a lime to it it's just like Corona.
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
Doom Bar
Black Sheep

Doom Bar is a decent pint.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
Doom Bar
Black Sheep

Get the **** out. You live in Sheffield, a city with a ridiculous amount of fantastic breweries and you like the piss that is Black Sheep? You need educating son.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
I'm a fan of Labatt Blue. Well priced, full flavor, and a nice strong aftertaste.

Also, Dos Equis is good, but a little pricey (in Canada anyways....) and gets bonus points for the commercials.
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
Mountain Goat.
It's not huge,but its an organic beer from tasmania (I think?)
Great stuff
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
spezial rauchbier from the spezial brauerei in bamberg

This, the king of beers.

Taste: Suburb, light however has a very fresh and refreshing crisp taste. With just a slightly sweet after taste.

It always reminds me of Amsterdam, Especially as I toured the Heineken brewery there.

Hangover: If you don't switch between to many other beers while there then everything is fine in the morning.

9/10 - I'm yet to taste a finer beer, and I've had ALOT of beer. ( Beer belly forming )

Edit: Price - Differs from country/area to area. I find lots of places to get a pint of it at a standard price/Cheap price. But over all I wouldn't say its the cheapest or the expensive its stays at a moderate price everytime i've drank it.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
fill it with used condoms and a note that says

"Last night was amazing. I love you.

-Kurt"
Last edited by metalaxxeman at Sep 2, 2011,
brugse zot

now THAT is real ale.
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
My favourite Canadian beers are Mill Street Organic, Alexander Keith's, Sleeman's, and Rickard's Red. I also enjoy Rolling Rock, Budweiser, and a lot of European brews. I tend to order German beers like Lowenbrau, Beck's, Warsteiner, Erdinger, and Hacker-Pschorr if they're on tap at bars, although not too many in this area serve them.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.

Why have beer when I can have rum?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child

Why have beer when I can have rum?

I like to live by the adage:

"Scotch and Stout, packs some clout.

Anything and Rum, tastes like bum".
Quote by GLP_Arclite

That implies that someone who drinks scotch and stout, knows the taste of bum...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
That implies that someone who drinks scotch and stout, knows what bum tastes of...

Not into rimming then, pal?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Lately I've been drinking a lot of German wheat beers in the 1/2 liter bottles. Maybe the best one I've had is Ayinger.
Heineken is probably my favourite. It's usually expensive where I'm from, so I only buy it as a treat (eg: end of exams).

Started drinking Fosters recently, I like that as well. But usually I tend to stick with Budweiser, Becks, Tennents (£2 a pint in my Students Union ) and sometimes Stella, but I've kinda gone off Stella these days.
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I don't really have a clear favorite. I like trying all sorts of craft beers and imports. Some of the ones I like are Victory Hopdevil, Seirra Nevada Plae Ale, Smithwicks Irish Red, Boddingtons, Erie brewing company's railbender ale, I know there is more i've tried but i can't remember them all. But if I'm being cheap and just trying to get drunk, i normally go with yeungling or something like that
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Newcastle Brown Ale used to taste nicer, when it was actually brewed in newcastle that is...
Double Maxxim is another great one, similar in taste to the old brown ale and is unbelievably cheap.

Personally my favorite beers are any Adnam's. And in terms of lager; Staropraman.
Lol at "over 21".

I think the U.S is the only place in the world where you can drink only after turning 21 (some Muslim countries don't allow it at all, but that\s not the issue).

Anyway, I like Guinness, Krusovice, Kasteel Cuvée Du Chateau (11%) and Goldstar (national pride yo) best.
Already a beer thread.

May favourite is basically anything that isn't mass produced. For any of you out there who only drink mass produced beers, pay the extra dollar or two and pick up a 6 pack of a more obscure brew. You probably wont regret it.

I'll never go back, now.
I've got a couple of favourites personally...

In no particular order:
Heineken
Warsteiner is my ALL TIME favourite lager. It simply cannot be beaten.
Chang (Thai beer, sponsor of Everton F.C., really nice, now available in tesco, pretty cheap, has a honey-like aftertaste... lush)
Erdinger (A wheat beer, available in dark too, tastes lovely i think)
Leffe (A blonde beer from Belgium, again, really, really nice)
Leon (Cypriot beer, add a bit of lime, tastes beautiful on a beach)
Keo (Same as Leon, also cypriot, again, very nice with a smidge of fresh lime)

And of course, you can't have a house party without a couple of crates of fosters or budweiser.
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
Last edited by Black Rat 1214 at Sep 2, 2011,

North Yorkshire's best brah.

Also, this is just beautiful:
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

First of all, I only drink darft beer. Bottles ruin it.

I like most beers out there, but my 2 favorites are Guinness and Paulaner

Goldstar (mentioned a few posts above) is the best Israelly beer, and tastes just as good as most great beers out there. It's not in my favorites simply because it's 3%, and I need to drink like a gallon if I wanna feel anything
Last edited by Shaharz at Sep 2, 2011,
You guys ever try brewing your own beer with those in-house kits?

I had a buddy that did it and he made a chocolate type brew that was AMAZING. You can buy all the hops and stuff online.

All you need is the bottles for it, and it turns out to be just like 25 cents a beer.
Also, there's already a beer thread.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Shaharz
is the best Israelly beer,
Bolded + your location =
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
I'm drinking Yuengling right now, which is probably my favorite "affordable" beer. It's got some body and a nice flavor, which isn't too common with mass-produced American lagers. My favorite beer period though is a local brew called Miner's Daughter Oatmeal Stout. It's a rich, sweet stout with 5.62% abv and it's black as coal (hence the name). It's so delicious, I'd drink it even if it had no alcohol in it. I also enjoy Newcastle, Guiness, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Blue Moon and Arrogant Bastard. There are so many beers that I'd like to try, but as an underage college student I don't get to have nice beer too often .
Quote by Shaharz
First of all, I only drink darft beer. Bottles ruin it.

Nah man, cans ruin it. Bottles are the best thing for a night in. And mini kegs, but they don't last long.

For me, Spitfire is one of the better beers from the UK
Smooth taste, still retaining the bitterness but not too much. Doesn't take you too much to feel an effect, but you don't want to drink so much of it that you get facked because that would ruin it. Awesome adverts too

And this is my favourite local one, brewed not many miles from where I live

Quote by Devix_SG
Also, Dos Equis is good, but a little pricey (in Canada anyways....) and gets bonus points for the commercials.
Mexican piss water infused with alcohol

Steamwhistle! Brewed right here in T.O. Good price, good taste. Very little hangover because it's made with only 4 organic ingredients. Pretty cool story about how the beer and brewery came to be, too. I think I'm attracted to the local feel of it, as much as I hate to admit that.

Also don't mind me some Warsteiner when I can get my hands on it.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Last edited by Pan-Tallica at Sep 2, 2011,
Page 1 of 2