So I have an Acoustic Battle going on at my college later this month. Normally, I would just bring my looper up and do a blues kind of jam with a couple layers, but this competition is all acoustic, so no looper, effects, or anything; just guitar and voice or any other acoustic instrument (I'm tempted to use a melodica.... haha). I am not a very good singer (I am taking lessons tho), so something easy on the vocals would be ideal.

Anyway, I am asking you fine people for a good song to play that can hopefully get some crowd participation and/or have something that would separate me from the other performers.
Thanks to all!

(also, I can play and own a uke, mandolin, and banjo..... so if that helps?)
Suggest a song thread.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
If the guy is playing a guitar simply do some dueling banjos, he probably won't know the guitar part so he'll try an improvise it and most likely fail miserably

That and with banjo ukele and mandolin, if you can do some famous song on them that the audience knows but is not normally associated, they might be blown away. For example, Bryan Adams 'Summer of 69' on a mandolin? Bad @ss! Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'Simple Man' on a banjo? Should have been that way to begin with! This would take some improvision and a really good ear to translate these songs over to different numbered string instruments, but it would be a show stopper!

Also, Lynyrd Skynyrd's God & Guns begining part can make an awesome acoustic song, but some of the words may be controversial with your college crowd, with all the peace loving hippies and what not