I'm currently customizing my Schecter Damien-6FR. I'm replacing all the black hardware with gold and it has a Floyd Rose Licensed but i want to put a Floyd Rose Special or Original. Can i do that or will it not be compatible with the Licensed setup? Also how do i tell what size/type of locking nut is on my guitar?
Gear:
Schecter Damien 6FR DYI Gold Custom
Schecter Damien Elite-7
Ibanez GAX30TR
Ibanez GSR200
Ibanez TB150H
Ibanez IS412CA w/Eminence Metal Kit
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo w/Eminence Swamp Thang
How do I tell?
Gear:
Schecter Damien Elite-7
Ibanez GAX30TR
Ibanez GSR200
Ibanez TB150H
If you take off the nut, it should say underneath what kind of nut it is. If not, measure the nut and check it against this: http://www.floydrose.com/technical-information.php Under nut sizes, click on "Floyd Rose Original" and it will have a list of nuts.

If you are going to get a Floyd, do not get a Special. They are basically the same as a licensed copy: just a cheap Floyd that will not hold tuning very well.

Now the big question: there is a big chance that an OFR will not fit the existing setup you have. You will probably have to route if you have a floating trem. If your trem is flat against the body (divebomb only) check the spacing between the posts. In that website I linked, it will have all the info you need to check if your Floyd will fit.

Good luck, buddy
Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker!
Its a Floating trem. So i could put a Pro on their no problem?
Gear:
Schecter Damien Elite-7
Ibanez GAX30TR
Ibanez GSR200
Ibanez TB150H