Page 1 of 2
So where do I go in the UK to start talking about custom building me an 8 string?
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
UK?

Daemoness and Ran are around the EU area, just to name a few. Go check out SS.org and not here. UG isn't exactly the place you wanna go around asking for ERGs and customs.

Or, you could post around the ERG thread as linked in my sig.
Siggery is your best bet, an 8 string from him comes in at about £1k.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
+1 to the Jaden Rose and Daemoness suggestions (sorry i dont know anything about siggery). The inlay work on daemoness guitars is nothing short of amazing, though I hear the prices can creep up kind of high. but it is a custom so

in fact here's a picture of a daemoness. tis only a 7 but im pretty sure the builder also does 8s.

as far as jaden rose goes, theres a nice fellow that posts in the 7 string thread quite a bit who is endorsed by jaden, so he could tell you anything you could want to know about them

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Jadens 8 start at 2k and any of dylans builds all start at 1500+ options.

Siggery is your best bet for a decent cheap build.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Jadens 8 start at 2k and any of dylans builds all start at 1500+ options.

Siggery is your best bet for a decent cheap build.

Okay, once I get my ESP, I'm checking these guys out. A custom 8... It would be a tele body with P-90's and a hardtail
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 3, 2011,
Quote by Tom 1.0
Siggery is your best bet, an 8 string from him comes in at about £1k.

Any reason this Siggery guy is charging less? I'd rather save my money and get something of higher quality.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
I dont know? Ask him yourself But people than own then are usually very very happy with them, I would personally stay away from RAN, he is incredibly expensive and there are many mixed reviews out there.

Dylan and Jaden do great stuff but cost a hell of a lot of money for what are very well made guitars, but they will always be more than £2k +

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I dont know? Ask him yourself But people than own then are usually very very happy with them, I would personally stay away from RAN, he is incredibly expensive and there are many mixed reviews out there.

Dylan and Jaden do great stuff but cost a hell of a lot of money for what are very well made guitars, but they will always be more than £2k +

Yeah, I sent specs to Ran and got 3300 euros quoted ... that's far too ****ing much, I didn't ask for anything overly special.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by La Qotsa
Yeah, I sent specs to Ran and got 3300 euros quoted ... that's far too ****ing much, I didn't ask for anything overly special.

Well thats what hapens when you want a Custom guitar made for you.

And most customs are of very high quality(not all are,but most) and you're paying for that quality plus the extra charges for anything you want on top of it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by coolstoryangus
Make sure you get a nice set of passive pickups in there whoever you go for

You've really GOT to be joking.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Nope. I am NOT.
What you REALLY need is a set of nice passives.

Also are you really wanting to shell out for a custom guitar then run it through a roland cube

What you really need is a new amp.
Also passives sound better through modellers!
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Sep 3, 2011,
The passive/active debate is a matter of personal preference surely.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by coolstoryangus
Nope. I am NOT.
What you REALLY need is a set of nice passives.

Also are you really wanting to shell out for a custom guitar then run it through a roland cube

What you really need is a new amp.
Also passives sound better through modellers!

I neither want passive pickups or own a Roland Cube. I haven't been active on this site for over 3 years, a lot has changed.

In my opinion, EMGs and tubes are what I need for Metal and that's that lol.

Quote by ChemicalFire
The passive/active debate is a matter of personal preference surely.

This is true, but this is not passive/active debate thread.

Back to custom 8 strings.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Last edited by La Qotsa at Sep 3, 2011,
I've said, several times, if your not willing to spend over £2k, Siggery is your only realistic custom option.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I've said, several times, if your not willing to spend over £2k, Siggery is your only realistic custom option.

He quoted me a great price, so I guess that's the way to go.

Cheers.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
No worries

Good luck.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
No worries

Good luck.

Before you go, tom: seeing as this thread is relevant - which would you go with? a siggery 8 string for a grand, or an ESP SC-608B?

I'm ****ing stuck on this one: these guitars are what I dream of, and theyre within grasp of what i can afford.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Depends, I have never played a Siggery, but I have only heard good things from everybody who has played or owned one.

If you can find a Siggery to play, go on SS.org and I am sure you will find somebody there, try it and see what you think.

If not, I would take the SC608 just because I adore that guitar and you know the quality will be consistant as well as holding resale value....

Its a tough one, but if you want cool unique features it a no brainer, if you want an 8 to experiment with and arent 100% if 8s are for you, the 608 as you can flip it probably quite quickly for half decent money.

Also TS before you put some 808s in your new guitar, check out the 8 string Dimarzio DeActivators, they are supposedly ****ing awesome.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Depends, I have never played a Siggery, but I have only heard good things from everybody who has played or owned one.

If you can find a Siggery to play, go on SS.org and I am sure you will find somebody there, try it and see what you think.

If not, I would take the SC608 just because I adore that guitar and you know the quality will be consistant as well as holding resale value....

Its a tough one, but if you want cool unique features it a no brainer, if you want an 8 to experiment with and arent 100% if 8s are for you, the 608 as you can flip it probably quite quickly for half decent money.

Also TS before you put some 808s in your new guitar, check out the 8 string Dimarzio DeActivators, they are supposedly ****ing awesome.

Damn it... my local store has been doing a lot of work to source me stuff: i asked about a schecter at first, but am put of that, and now he may have already ordered in the SC608: id feel a total prick if he has ordered it and cant send it back even if I change my mind. T be honest, the only things I care about are a hardtail bridge, mellow but nice pickups (on clean), a scale of 27" or longer, and thats about it - I'm not hugely preferential on specs, but I find most if not all guitars I play comfortable. The natural finish on those siggerys is a bonus though .

However, the thought of a custom 8 is so, so, so, SO tempting. I originally saw conklin, but I could buy a car with the money for a conklin . I really don't know...
Quote by EndTheRapture51
It is , but if its your first 8 and you decide you dont like it, good luck selling it for any decent money.

You have to remember if you sell it, the guys buying will know what it is and how much it cost you and then your ****ed. With the LTD at least it will always hold a certain value and never really did below it.

alternatively why dont you buy something like:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/guitars-sale-trade-wanted/158895-ft-esp-ltd-sc-608b-2.html

see if he will ship to the UK with like a labled price of $300 and save a bomb?

700usd is like what? £400?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
It is , but if its your first 8 and you decide you dont like it, good luck selling it for any decent money.

You have to remember if you sell it, the guys buying will know what it is and how much it cost you and then your ****ed. With the LTD at least it will always hold a certain value and never really did below it.

alternatively why dont you buy something like:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/guitars-sale-trade-wanted/158895-ft-esp-ltd-sc-608b-2.html

see if he will ship to the UK with like a labled price of $300 and save a bomb?

700usd is like what? £400?

Hmm... I'm not sure... it sounds to me like you think I get the SC608B first, and then save for the custom next...

I think I'll probably go with the ESP, however, I'll phone Siggery on Monday, and ask about it. Thanks man
Quote by EndTheRapture51
No worries, I would just err on the side of caution as its going to be your ffirst 8 and you may find you hate it.

dont do what I did, have 4 7s and 1 8 before you realise you just need a Baritone 6.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I can see why that would annoy you

I've just got a message from Siggerys, so ill discuss it with him, in your opinion is it dickish of me to cancel my ordering in (no deposit) of the ESP if i do change my mind? it's not 100% clear if he has ordered it in yet, but theres a chance and i cant get to him till monday.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
nah, its all good fun either way. Meant I have owned some awesome guitars.

Well, let them get it in, play it and just say, shit I am really sorry but I dont like it

You have no obligation to buy it.

alternatively you might play it and love it

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Well, I'm on very good terms with the store owner, but I am a difficult customer, and he's made quite a few calls for me. I would feel a total asshole However at the end of the day, I'm not wasting a grand because of guilt.

Siggerys is looking promising. I've looked at his models, and so far, I'm looking at a hardtail bridge, natural finish, fanned frets (i love fanned frets; another bonus to getting a custom ), a 27" scale, and so on.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Yeah I had a quote from him for similar things and it came out at about a grand and a bit...

Just ring and leave an answer phone message?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
quoting him

"Sorry I didn't reply on Facebook. If I had, everyone would think that every guitar is that price.

Basically yes I can do that at that price. I can do the guitar the same as the 'Terrorizer' reviewed one for -------. That one is 27.5 inch scale across the bottom.
I only ask for a ----- deposit and I would start from that point and it would take 6 weeks to complete. Is that any good for you?"
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Sounds good, though I would delete the price as apparently he gets a bit touchy about people talking about his prices

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I can understand why, custom guitar prices are probably very variable and if people started expecting one price only then were charged more they'd feel like they were being cheated.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Sorry. My bad.

I think I'm going to go with this.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Its not really that big a deal, but its just safer so it never comes back on you

Good luck dude

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I'm going for the Siggery as well dude ... I'll let you all know what it turns out like.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by La Qotsa
I'm going for the Siggery as well dude ... I'll let you all know what it turns out like.

Email him about it: you can probably get a conversation in with him tonight - He is very lenient on what he can do (obviously). I think I've made the right decision here. Post a thread when you get it
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
Email him about it: you can probably get a conversation in with him tonight - He is very lenient on what he can do (obviously). I think I've made the right decision here. Post a thread when you get it

I've got the quote and all dude, he replies very quickly to his emails. Seems a very polite guy as well.

Will hopefully be dropping down a deposit on Monday.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
^mind telling me your specs? I'd be interested to see how yours turns out.

I hope Matt hasn't ordered in the ESP He can probably cancel it mid order, and even if he doesn't, the town if full of metalheads. Christ, I can't wait for this.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Page 1 of 2