So... I've been thinking that I might do better to get a decent audio interface than a cheap amp. With that in mind, can you suggest good firewire interfaces I can use with my mac? Budget $100.
Too bad you missed it. Last week Sam Ash had Mackie 420D Firewire mixers for $69. I picked one up.
Tascam US-100, without a doubt.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
That one's USB; I'd rather use Firewire.

What have you lot got to say about the Phonic Firefly 302?
behringer fca202
i know what ur thinking eww behringer!
i use this almost everyday and its perfect.
however, when i ordered it from amazon it came with the wrong size fw cable so u have to order one of those too, but for how cheap it is its not a big deal.
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
I have a Behringer mixer that sounds good. So I would consider them in an audio interface.
From what I've read my top choices would be the Phonic Firefly 302 and the Behringer FCA202, anybody have experience with/can compare the two?
the firefly 302 has a built in preamp and the fca202 does not. i considered this when i was in the market for audio interface. the fca 202 was cheaper so what i did was get a really cheap tube preamp to run my guitar into and then preamp to audio interface.
i have no experience with the 302 but it looks like it will definitely be the simpler of the two options.
i chose the interface and preamp separately because i record alot of different things so i need the versatility.
hope this helps you in making your decision
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
Last edited by voltafan485 at Sep 2, 2011,
Quote by voltafan485
the firefly 302 has a built in preamp and the fca202 does not.
Good point. You would still need a mixer in front of the fca202.
I'll probably get the Firefly then. The only issue now is to see whether I can get it cheaper online or dodge the tax in here or something...