There is this nice RG I saw at a local music store, it has a red flamed maple top and the price is $300 (idk if it's used or not) it has a trem and idk what model it is exactly.

I've been playing guitar for 4 years and I have a schecter hellraiser deluxe.

If I replace my schecter with this RG (does anyone know what model it is?) would it be a down-grade or an upgrade? and Are Ibanez guitars junky? The RGs are almost always under $500 so to me that makes it look like their quality is on the same level as a squier.

Is there anything someone could tell me about Ibanez before I buy it? it looks really nice but it's price is so cheap so idk if it would be a mistake.
any pics?

it could be anything, though it sounds like it might be a rg320fm or something...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
RGs are very nice guitars for the money, the only issue is the necks on all the RGs but the Gio series(the beginner models) are VERY love-or-hate(I hate, which is why I don't have one). I don't know if it'd be a step up from a Hellraiser Deluxe, but if it's $300 and you don't mind the neck, they're well-built, killer-sounding guitars!
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
there are more RG models than not that would be over that price, mine was about $650 tho but i love it, it all depends on the model. but from what i hear the GIO series is god aweful
Quote by purplehaze2242
There is this nice RG I saw at a local music store, it has a red flamed maple top and the price is $300 (idk if it's used or not) it has a trem and idk what model it is exactly.

I've been playing guitar for 4 years and I have a schecter hellraiser deluxe.

If I replace my schecter with this RG (does anyone know what model it is?) would it be a down-grade or an upgrade? and Are Ibanez guitars junky? The RGs are almost always under $500 so to me that makes it look like their quality is on the same level as a squier.

Is there anything someone could tell me about Ibanez before I buy it? it looks really nice but it's price is so cheap so idk if it would be a mistake.

Ibanez RG series is split into 3 main categories. The GRG line. the standard RG line, and the prestige RG line. The GRG, or Gio line are low quality budget guitars, usually under $300. The RG standard series are the low end/mid range series with guitars around $300-$500. The prestige series are the high end Japanese made guitars, those usually start at about $800 and go up.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the standard RG series because the trems are usually crap, just save up and stick to the high end series. If you are dead set on your budget, you can do much better than the standard RG series.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
Ibanez RG series is split into 3 main categories. The GRG line. the standard RG line, and the prestige RG line. The GRG, or Gio line are low quality budget guitars, usually under $300. The RG standard series are the low end/mid range series with guitars around $300-$500. The prestige series are the high end Japanese made guitars, those usually start at about $800 and go up.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the standard RG series because the trems are usually crap, just save up and stick to the high end series. If you are dead set on your budget, you can do much better than the standard RG series.

mine's standard RG and its not bad, dont know why everyone hates the trems in them. anyway bought mine new for £400 or about $650 and its one of the middle ones of the standerd range. not sure if there's difference between the UK ones and US ones though
Full of stupid in here.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by slashfan226
Shot in the dark, but is this it?
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1420F

Obviously you have yet to be Educated on the ways of Ibanez.

If I saw that guitar for $300, I could pay $400 for it, walk out the door, and be arrested for shoplifting.
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Sep 2, 2011,
Quote by Tom 1.0
Full of stupid in here.

...am I stupid, Tom? ;_;
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I just got an Ibanez RG470AH and I am really happy with it. The trem has been great! The pickups sound good. Love the neck. I bought it new and I didnt have to touch anythjing right out of the box. It was set up by the factory perfectly. I can't believe the quality of this guitar for 500 dollars. This one....

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-RG470AH-LIST