Hey everyone,

So i need some major help here.

I just got reaper and kontakt player to work on some midi drum stuff. I looked at some tutorials and THIS is what i have achieved so far.

I installed reaper, kontakt, and the factory settings samples it comes with succesfully. I can open kontakt fine in reaper.

i also routed out my channels correctly according to this video. http://www.youtube.com/user/TutorialsForReaper#p/u/8/CkDXdrvYKlg

I can also go into the midi editor like he does and make beats that play in the midi editor and the regular view with all the tracks.

HOWEVER. When i try to drag and drop my own midi files made in guitar pro they wont play at all. I can physically see the midi notes on the track and i can tell that its my song that i put in there but it's not playing at all for some reason. Can someone PLEASE help me? I don't know why this isn't working.

I can go in and make beats right there in reaper but for some reason when i put my own beats from guitar pro in they don't work even though they look just like the notes in the midi editor.

ALSO when i export the midi from guitar pro i always save my song, then delete all the other tracks except the drums and then export. That way i know i'm only getting the midi for the drums.

Has this happened to anyone?

Please aid a fellow recording artist who is drowning in the seas of soundwaves

Thanks!

Aaron
GEAR

Schecter Synyster Custom w/ EVH D TUNA
Peavey EVH Wolfgang w/ EVH D TUNA
Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Marshall Valvestate AVT 50h Head
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Female Fronted Pop/Punk Right HERE For Ya!
just copy the midi from inside the midi item to a new midi item, should work then, or you could delete some events on the program section of the midi item, on the lower left corner, you can choose what to see on the bottom display, I think if you choose program and delete all the events that you can there, it should work, even tho on reaper 4 it seems to be fixed, and I don't need to delete anything, or copy for it to work anything for it to work
Last edited by Kirezar at Sep 2, 2011,
just go to the midi file in the piano roll, push CTRL+A to select all teh notes then right click on them and set the channel of the notes to 1 (or the corresponding channel if it's any other). also note that GP's and Kontakts notes mapping on drums might not match so that'll need you to re-arrange the notes
wooooo i got em working. Now i just need to get steven slate drums. Those things sound AMAZING.
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

nevermind....for some reason it WAS working and now it isn't. Even though its set to channel 1......what the freak...

EDIT:

I see what happened. Since kontakt's in demo mode, or the factory samples are it gave me a "demo time out" thing. But i thought kontakt and the factory samples were free????

Help???
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Last edited by rhoadsboy815 at Sep 2, 2011,
You were exactly right my friend. right after i posted that i figured that out. I feel stupid. I've been messing around with it for like an hour and i wanna see if things are sounding right. If i put up a minute of a song will you guys check it out and see if im going in the right direction?
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Alrighty here it is. I would have uploaded it immediately but i had to leave for work.
This is about an hour in of recording and mixing. Please give it a listen and tell me what you think so far.

The track you wanna play is called "Bombshelter mix test"
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/rhoadsboy815/music/all/play1040425

Thanks!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab