Hey im new to these forums and idk if this question has been repeated several times. If so, I am sorry.

I was wondering if the community of ultimate guitar could help me out. I have been stuck improving the same blues/rock licks over and over and its starting to get old. So I am asking if anyone could give me any songs or licks that could keep me going.

What songs I am looking for are those like SRV or Jimi Hendrix. I have honestly not really listened to them, but I know the way they play.

So do you guys have any song suggestions that could give me some inspiration on some new licks? Im looking for more bluesy/rock type licks/songs.

Thank you
I would suggest expanding on the types of music you improv over. try listening to some jazz or country for a while, get a feel for the licks used there and incorporate them into your repertoire.

Also, if you want to play like a certain guitarist, listen to their stuff more. If you honestly haven't listened to them, maybe you should.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.

What songs I am looking for are those like SRV or Jimi Hendrix. I have honestly not really listened to them, but I know the way they play.

I'm confused. You like the way you play but you don't listen to them?

Start by listening to them. How? Where? Up to you. Anywhere, really. Click around on youtube or spotify for an hour until a few things grab you, and go from there.

You know the artists you want to learn from. Start by listening to them. Sure, I could tell you the Hendrix or SRV songs I'd choose ... but those are the songs I'd chose. Clearly something about those two guys grabbed your attention.

If you're not excited to go discover a bunch of their music, then you're wasting your time trying to learn their style.