Page 1 of 2
Just a random thought... If someone uses illegal drugs (marijuana, cocaine, ecstacy) off the job, like on weekends or whatever, and it not affect their job performance, can they still get fired because of it?
Yes.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Well no business is ever gonna hire a criminal, so of course it would
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Yes.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Yes, some jobs randomly drug test, AND for the ones that dont -

If you ever hurt yourself on the job, or get hurt on the job then you have to file for workmans compensation - and when you file for workmans comp then you must pass a drug test, if you don't then your not entitled to any compensation, and you lose your job because they can say that you were high when you got hurt and thats why you got hurt, even if thats not the case it holds up.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Yes, if you are in a job that has random drug testing. Thankfully most jobs here don't do that.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Yes.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
Just chug robitussin and benadryl and snort coke. Weed is the only one truly detrimental to your case because the others can be flushed from your system in a few days. Weed is the devil.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Yes.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Technically and officially the answer is yes, but from experience (from working in various fields with various individuals, NOT drug experience) it really depends on your "career" or line of work which your involved in.

Office executive... absolutely yes. There is a certain business standard and etiqutte which needs to be adhered to at all times in a position like that. Especially out of the office, if you happened to cross paths with a fellow employee and they witnessed you in that sort of state, I'm sure they'd make a point to address it with the office HR immediately.

Assembly line / manufacturing... no. I once had a summer job where I worked in a window factory, and the guy who was training me talked about how he couldn't wait to get back to his hotel room and smoke a "massive" rock of crack with our supervisor, all while he was operating a laser guided glass cutter.
Quote by goddamncanadian
Technically and officially the answer is yes, but from experience (from working in various fields with various individuals, NOT drug experience) it really depends on your "career" or line of work which your involved in.

Office executive... absolutely yes. There is a certain business standard and etiqutte which needs to be adhered to at all times in a position like that. Especially out of the office, if you happened to cross paths with a fellow employee and they witnessed you in that sort of state, I'm sure they'd make a point to address it with the office HR immediately.

Assembly line / manufacturing... no. I once had a summer job where I worked in a window factory, and the guy who was training me talked about how he couldn't wait to get back to his hotel room and smoke a "massive" rock of crack with our supervisor, all while he was operating a laser guided glass cutter.

Now that's just bad-ass.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Not if you're Dutch
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by Hail
Just chug robitussin and benadryl and snort coke. Weed is the only one truly detrimental to your case because the others can be flushed from your system in a few days. Weed is the devil.

Unless they hair test. Robo and DPH and whatever else you can get high with OTC isn't really worth it, but they don't test for it in the first place.
If you have a professional career any embarassing antics outside the workplace are grounds for termination.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Prosciutto.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
If you work in Hollywood and don't take drugs it can be seriously detrimental to your chances of being promoted as well as your street cred
no, you just have to work from prison
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by Vypor
Yes, some jobs randomly drug test, AND for the ones that dont -

If you ever hurt yourself on the job, or get hurt on the job then you have to file for workmans compensation - and when you file for workmans comp then you must pass a drug test, if you don't then your not entitled to any compensation, and you lose your job because they can say that you were high when you got hurt and thats why you got hurt, even if thats not the case it holds up.

This so hard.

One day at my job i nearly sliced off my left thumb whilst cutting open a box. I had smoked the previous weekend though so i wrapped my thumb up with a rag and wore a glove for the next week or so. Nobody ever found out...
Want to leave hurtful comments about me and my band on youtube!?!?!? Click the link below!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWguqmZB34

Quote by Tragic Mulatto
as long as you are in this thread you are in my vagina.
Last edited by Blue_Strat_06 at Sep 2, 2011,
Yes.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
If you mean in your free time then depends on your line of work and what you get caught with/punishment.
Yes.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
One would wonder why you ask. But really does it matter?

Put it this way, if your surgeon was a crackhead off duty, would you really trust him to cut you open?
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by kikaykitko
One would wonder why you ask. But really does it matter?

Put it this way, if your surgeon was a crackhead off duty, would you really trust him to cut you open?

I work in a hospital. I know at least one anesthesiologist who's been busted in the past for stealing drugs from the hospital and using them recreationally. And he's still working here, though he's in a strict treatment and monitoring program.
Page 1 of 2