Hey guys, I've been working on this song for a while and I think it's finally finished... I think it's the best song I've written to date, and it certainly is the best solo I've ever written

Head on over to the Facebook page I have setup for my solo project/band and take a listen!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Illaria/282050085143094?sk=app_178091127385

The song started out with me wanting to redo a song I'd co-written in an old band a few years ago, cause the last recording I did of it sounded horrible and was out of time in a lot of places. However, after I started recording it, I just thought the song was boring and too single-minded, so I just took the drum track, spiced it up a bit and wrote new riffs to it, and this it what came out!

Let me know what you think!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 2, 2011,
Quote by Vinnie5
solo was really good... i like the ending. Some of the palmmuted tremolo picked parts could use some spicing up with another guitar part. great mixing.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475851

Done!

I purposely left some of the parts a bit more simple, because it makes it really hard to write vocal melodies to complex guitar parts. I wanted the vocals to fill in what the guitar is missing (which will hopefully be recorded soon!).
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
This sounds really good man...it flows really nice, and the drums sound excellent, makes me jealous(if only I could get my hands on a real drum machine and actually program it ) It's very tight sounding, great double tracking, sounds almost professional.

The harmonizing part was pretty creepy, added to the feel of the song alot. Tone overall was great. You dress to impress I suppose .

If I would do anything to it, I would up the bass guitar a little more, so it makes everything sound a tad bit more chunky, but just a tad.

BTW, nice hook by getting me to like your page first before I could listen to the song.

Thanks for the crit
I was just about to say the solo needs more shred, then it happened haha.

awesome vibe to this compared to the other songs. Personally I'd like a bit more body in the snare. It has a a nice crack to it it though. They don't too obviously programmed which is always a plus. That section around 1:50 that is blasts, I'd have some cymbal hits at the start of each 8 beats or something just so it has a bit more life.

Details on guitars dude, and your playing is really great to.

Bass is sitting nice but it could use some clank, but thats just me I like clanky bass tones.
Intro a little too long. When it gets into the chugging riffs it's good. How did you achieve that very fast staccato riffing sound? That's a technique I'm unfamiliar with.

I definitely like the rhythm guitar better than the lead though it's a reasonably good solo. I think rhythm guitar comes more naturally to you (same here).

The Butcher also has a wonderfully heavy riff. I can tell its the same guy playing, so there's an identifiable sound in there which is a good thing.
Quote by Jehannum
Intro a little too long. When it gets into the chugging riffs it's good. How did you achieve that very fast staccato riffing sound? That's a technique I'm unfamiliar with.

Didn't seem too long at all to me

Really don't have any complaints with this at all. The solo was amazing, a great example of tasteful shredding. That bit at 3:22 was a really great way to lead out the song. What I would do though is loop the weird dissonant bit once more after the rhythm guitars have ended then fade that out. Good job though, reminds me a bit of Miseration if you've ever heard them.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Neat trick to get us to like the facebook page !

But I liked it and enjoyed the tracks !

Beautiful music, wonderful mix. Won't unlike !

Support to you mate.
The symphonizer
Hey guys, thanks for all the comments, I appreciate it!

Here's a run-down of what all was used:

Guitar: Jackson SL2H w/ BKP Nailbombs
Amp: POD Farm Platinum, "Diamond Plate"
Bass: Ibanez SR500
Amp: POD Farm Platinum, SVT and Eden sims, SVT with some grit on the high end, Eden for the lows
Drums: Steven Slate Drums

Most of the plugins were Waves Gold.

P.S. I totally forgot I even had the FB set to only being able to listen if you "Like" the band I think Bandpage might just default to that now?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
The intro really starts the song off well, the disonant/augmented arpeggio at the start lays well with the double kick, almost complimenting each other. I dont know why but it reminded me of 'Sulfer' by Slipknot. (Is it the same key/tuning?)

Since its an instrumental, I thought the verse could have had a little more to it such as a lead guitar voicing where vocals could go, or just simply riffing here and there. Kind of like you did with the palm muted ascending/descending riff.

The solo melted my face a little Very Loomis/nevermore like. I am impressed. I think the divebomb into it could have been more powerful, maybe by EQing or harmonising or double tracking it?

The last chorus with the almost siren like riff was a good way to end it, but i thought the drums and rhythm guitar could have changed or got more frantic. While I'm on the subject, the backing track seemed to have been left alone once it was written as it sort of stayed the same all the way through, perhaps voice some of the chords differently or change the drumming to vary the previous parts.

Hope it helped!

C4C? : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478829