so, my dad's got a new epiphone dot and there is a pretty bad buzz on the open strings, there is not a problem with fretted notes past the third fret. The buzz is quite loud and seems to come from the bridge. it gets slightly better if you put your hand on the machineheads. What could be the causs of the this and are there any solutions?
if it's due to fret buzz, a truss rod adjustment can help, but only if you know what you're doing; otherwise, you might make it worse or damage the truss rod/neck altogether...
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
You'll want to adjust the truss rod. Sounds like a truss rod problem for sure. If I were you (considering you do not know how to adjust the truss rod since it can be very risky if you're unexperienced with that type of adjustment) I would take it to your local guitar shop for a complete set up. That will shape things up for sure
Fender Deluxe 72' Telecaster w/ SD SH-4 JB
humbucker in the bridge position running through....
--
Crate FlexWave 120H
Marshall 1960A 4x12
Boss TU-3
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet
BBE Green Screamer
MXR m109 6-band EQ
MXR m135 Smart Gate
Trust me on this one. Get it set up at a shop. Saves you tons of headaches.

I recently had to fix this buzzing on my Jackson RR and I tried adjusting the truss rod, action, etc. and it didn't work. The guys at my local shop took care of it easily.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...