Alright guys my bro told my i could get anything i want from a music store like sam ash or guitar center as long as its under 100 bucks. He won't go a penny higher. I just got a new amp so thats out of the question. I was thinking maybe a Wah pedal, but i'm open to all suggestions. I play on the heavier end of music but nothing that heavy (I pretty much stop at metallica). Any and all suggestions would be great. Thanks.
If creationists made Pokemon:
"What the, Pikachu is...Congratulations, God decided your Pikachu is now a Raichu."
A wah is more fun.
An EQ is more useful. Same with an OD

See if you can get an MXR 10 band EQ. But its 18 volts, make sure it comes with an adapter.
Does the EQ thing rather well, and has a gain slider so you get the OD thing (I guess, never used the gain slider on mine).
Unless you're planning to mod it yourself, don't get a $100 wah. It will most likely be terrible.

+1 to Monk.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
not so. rocktron tri wah. sounds good, broham
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by IronMaiden76
not so. rocktron tri wah. sounds good, broham

Forgive me for not jumping right on a piece of gear recced by UG.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
DO NOT GET a GCB-95.
They are shit unless you mod them.

I'd still go with my EQ suggestion.

Now....While I do not really recommend this option...its just an option.
And I don't even know if they still sell them.
Danelectro FAB series pedals. About $15 each.
For the most part they are garbage. However...
The FAB Chorus is actually fairly good. IMO, its the one of the FAB series they got right.

You can get several of them, then somewhere down the line, you may have a better idea of what you are really looking for.
But avoid the FAB Flange. its the worst flange I have ever heard.

FAB Chorus
The Fish N' Chips EQ (Not a FAB series pedal)
Fab Echo (Slapback echo, but easy to mod if you can handle doing surface mounted components.
Pepperoni Phase (Not a FAB series pedal)

Those 3 aren't to bad.

Above all, try different pedals out. See which one floats your boat.
Quote by CodeMonk
DO NOT GET a GCB-95.
They are shit unless you mod them.

I'd still go with my EQ suggestion.

Now....While I do not really recommend this option...its just an option.
And I don't even know if they still sell them.
Danelectro FAB series pedals. About $15 each.
For the most part they are garbage. However...
The FAB Chorus is actually fairly good. IMO, its the one of the FAB series they got right.

You can get several of them, then somewhere down the line, you may have a better idea of what you are really looking for.
But avoid the FAB Flange. its the worst flange I have ever heard.

FAB Chorus
The Fish N' Chips EQ (Not a FAB series pedal)
Fab Echo (Slapback echo, but easy to mod if you can handle doing surface mounted components.
Pepperoni Phase (Not a FAB series pedal)

Those 3 aren't to bad.

Above all, try different pedals out. See which one floats your boat.

I think it would be cheaper to buy a cheap multi effects than a whole heap of fab pedals.
Maybe a DigiTech RP155? It's listed as $99.95 on sweetwater

EQ's are good for tone sculpting, but the gain slider effects volume, and won't take the place of overdrive/distortion pedals.

The akai headrush is quite a good delay, they used to get recommended all the time. Not so much anymore though.

Only get something that you will use though, no point getting an eq if you like your guitar amp sound and don't want to change it for example. And don't get a chorus if you play with a high gain, tight and dry sound
RIP Gooze

cats
it helps to know what u have already.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
it helps to know what u have already.

This

EDIT-Im guessing he has a peavey vypyr from his profile?
I wouldnt recommend using many effects with a vypyr other than a wah.

Buy accessories, strings, picks, guitar polish, fret cleaner idk
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Sep 5, 2011,
Don't peavey vyper's come with effects built in?
If so, then I definitely agree with the slipknot guy.
Either way, I agree with him actually. But more so if the vyper has effects.
RIP Gooze

cats
Well, the vypyr 30 and above has it's own wah, so you could get the Sanpera I or II footswitch to use it. You can use it as an expression pedal and a wah. The Sanpera I is under $100, not too sure about the Sanpera II.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
Last edited by BlueIceBox at Sep 5, 2011,
wahs are applicable in almost all music.

imo - my route. fnda bunch of pedal that are "personally used approved" ie like boss or guyatone which i have deemed solid enough to buy used and still feel good about them working well, and buy used of GC website.

a lot of times i get pedals that are brand new looking for 40-50 bucks that retail for 100-150.