Hello people!

I've got this EVH Wolfgang special that has great playability, but I've got one little problem.

Back in July I had to send it back to Thomann so they could fix a problem on it(pickup related) and since I got it back(about a month later), I can't seem to get as low action without the low E buzzing. The only string that is buzzing is the low E, even with the bridge set up quite high. All the other strings play perfectly, even with the bridge down really low. It doesn't only buzz when played fretted(pretty much all across the board) it also buzz when played open. Now, I know this is problem is probably solved by changing the relief on the trussrod(the neck is really straight), but what boggles my mind is how a sturdy guitar neck with a double trussrod would change like this just over a month.

What my goal is, is to be able to get low string action without having the low E buzzing(and keep all other strings from buzzing, as they aren't yet).

My question is, which way do I turn it ? Will the low E buzz less if i loosen the truss rod thus giving the string more space to vibrate? or would it cause more fret buzz?

If this was any other guitar, I would just shim the low E, but since the guitar isn't more than a few months old and it used to play really great, my guess is that I could solve this with a simple trussrod adjustment.

It should be noted that I am playing in Eb.

Any advice is appreciated!
Last edited by bonnerik at Sep 2, 2011,
have a look down the fretboard to see if its straight, if not, you got some truss rod adjustin to be doin
seems weird to me that a guitar would change this much after a repair....have you checked the height of the pick ups? is the string sitting right at the nut?? have you tried changing string??
Yeah I've changed strings. Everything is where it should be, and the fretboard is really straight. I don't really know what to do
i'd send it back to them to sort it out (although another months wait is a pain in the......)
That's what I'm planning to do. Although, I will demand some compensation for all of this.