Hey Pit,

I'm sending off to apply for some I.D in the next couple of days because I'm going to be 18 on the eleventh so I want to be able to get served and such. Anyway I went to get my photo taken in those little booths and I noticed it said "You need to have your whole face and ears showing" but unfortunately for me I have a lot of hair covering my face so I'm not sure if it'll be valid.

I was talking about it today with a friend and he said he had the same if not longer/more hair than me on his passport and it was fine so I'm kind of half and half if it'll be okay. Apparently they're pretty lenient on it as long as they can see your face clearly?

Also on a side note, I'm applying for a Citizens Card because any other form of I.D would take at least a few weeks to arrive so I have to make due with it at the moment. Does anyone know how effective they are for I.D because despite what they say on their website people get turned down with them a lot at clubs and such?

I'm on the far right. My hair is a little longer now.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
I think citizen's card is a little more lax than say passport photos. It's normally just the eyes and the bottom of your ears which absolutely must be showing, so a fring over your forehead probably won't be a huge deal.

If they have the pass hologram thing they'll be accepted in 95% of places I would say.
🙈 🙉 🙊
One of my mates had a citizens card when we went out in York, didn't get in anywhere - you're probably better off getting a provisional license - yeah it's expensive, but it'll do the job.

With regards to hair in face, just tuck your hair behind your ears and try and get your fringe out of your face, as long as they can clearly see your face, it should be right.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
One of my mates had a citizens card when we went out in York, didn't get in anywhere - you're probably better off getting a provisional license - yeah it's expensive, but it'll do the job.

With regards to hair in face, just tuck your hair behind your ears and try and get your fringe out of your face, as long as they can clearly see your face, it should be right.

I'm 18 in 9 days so I need any kind of I.D even if it is a poor choice. Citizens Cards take around 2 days to arrive so it's all I can go for at the moment. I'll get my provisional or passport afterwards.

Also I don't want my I.D photo to have all my hair pulled back and puffed up because it's very rough so it just sticks out so tying it back and such doesn't work.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Why don't you just take your passport until your driving licence arrives?
I don't have a passport, I was always on my parents whenever I traveled abroad.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90

Check out my band!