I've owned a Jackson Warrior WRXT for about 5 years now and I love it to death, but I know it's not going to last me forever and was thinking it's time to trade it in or sell it before it gets acquires more damage and I'm left with nothing but sentimental value (which is great and all but won't help me replace the guitar). My plan is to get the most I can out of the Warrior (of course) and combine that with some of my savings and then hit up Guitar Center during one of their frequent sales for optimal savings. However I'm having trouble deciding on what to get.

I bought the Warrior when I was 18 and almost purely because it looks sweet-as-hell and had some good reviews for metal (I live for the crunch; think Acid Bath), but didn't really do a whole lot a research, it was pretty much an impulse-buy after I saw that starburst body.

Above all, this new guitar has to be a metal-machine. I like to play stuff by Pantera, Acid Bath, Slayer...bands of that nature(ish). I want this guitar to be able to crunch like two rusted battleships colliding in the depths of the Mariana Trench and bite like a lightning-struck dragon . My budget is probably going to be around $600-$800, give or take $100 or so depending on how good of a sale I find and what I can fetch for my guitar and some of the pedals I don't use any more.

I've been thinking of sticking with Jackson because I love a lot of their body styles and a Jackson reverse headstock rocks my socks, but I'm more than willing to put brand preference and aesthetics aside for pure performance(like a Dinky or something) , which is essentially the reason for the trade-up. A Floyd Rose is a plus because I play hard and frequently, especially with the whammy (not that I use it much).

Brand suggestions are appreciated but more than anything I'd like some specific model recommendations and like I said I'm not 'tied down' to Jackson. Even a suggestion of a specific guitar with different pick-ups than what come stock; customization is an option, anything to get what I'm looking for, ya know? Any input is helpful, and let me know if there's any information I've left out that would be helpful to you in being helpful to me!