Since my last job in a farm didn't work out well I've been looking for a new one and I now have one selling match programmes at sporting events and in theatres. Problem is that there is a lot of other people selling these too so I need to try to stand out and sell mine instead. Anybody got some experience with this kind of thing?
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
inb4 all Eric_Fail related memes.

be friendly and smile, but don't kiss the customers' asses.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by laid-to-waste
target tourists

sounds promising.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
I was one of the guys that went around screaming at people to buy peanuts and popcorn and shit at Bengal's games for a while.

Basically, just find a good place to stand while people pass by, like the top of an escalator or something is the best.
Quote by halvies
rhetorical questions

Gets em' every time

they really do.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Carry a bag of Lollies. You can get hundreds of them for a few euros. Give them out free to people, then ask them if they want to buy your shit. You will still have mainly refusals, but your sales percentage will go up thanks to the reciprocity norm of social psychology. People will feel like ass holes for taking the (practically worthless) lolly pop from you and then refusing to do something back for you.

You're welcome.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Sep 2, 2011,
Kick their bikes over.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Carry a bag of Lollies. You can get hundreds of them for a few euros. Give them out free to people, then ask them if they want to buy your shit. You will still have mainly refusals, but your sales percentage will go up thanks to the reciprocity norm of social psychology. People will feel like ass holes for taking the (practically worthless) lolly pop from you and then refusing to do something back for you.

You're welcome.

This seems genius. Thank you.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Zoot Allures
show lots of cleavage.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Ur all $h1t

You're welcome.

isn't that a little manipulative?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste

welcome to sales.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by laid-to-waste

Ya, it's hugely manipulative, that's the entire point of marketing and sales. If people actually wanted the products on their own merit you could just sell them from behind a desk.

Welcome to modern capitalism
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Eric_Fail
Since my last job in a farm didn't work out well I've been looking for a new one and I now have one selling match programmes at sporting events and in theatres. Problem is that there is a lot of other people selling these too so I need to try to stand out and sell mine instead. Anybody got some experience with this kind of thing?

Aren't you a big black guy?
Obviously Fassa.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Ya, it's hugely manipulative, that's the entire point of marketing and sales. If people actually wanted the products on their own merit you could just sell them from behind a desk.

Welcome to modern capitalism

yeah, i'm not really just talking about that one example. it discomforts me when sociological factors are taken so deep into the scheme that the way that you're advertising your product is irrelevant to the product itself. i guess it isn't very different to any other way of advertising, though.
Quote by laid-to-waste
yeah, i'm not really just talking about that one example. it discomforts me when sociological factors are taken so deep into the scheme that the way that you're advertising your product is irrelevant to the product itself. i guess it isn't very different to any other way of advertising, though.

Most Advertising hasn't been about the product since, like, the 1920/30s. You can thank the guy in your avatar, and his nephew in my sig, for that
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t

You're welcome.

That's...that's...genious!
freewheelersnetwork.proboards.com - Shoot The S**t
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Most Advertising hasn't been about the product since, like, the 1920/30s. You can thank the guy in your avatar, and his nephew in my sig, for that

who? i like that dude for his cigar, i don't really know his name.

hang on, i have to go. mommy wants to read me the oedipus trilogy again.
Like this.

Failsafe.

But also, don't talk to people, talk at them. Engage useless conversation, hold out the program, they will instinctively take out their money at which point the 2 items should trade hands and you should run.
Just an update, I didn't end up using that giving out lolipops technique but I still ended up doing fking amazing, came second overall in terms of sales out of about 30 people(and all were more experienced than me) so got a pretty good bonus. Who'd have thunk that I was a good salesperson? And the better I do the more job opportunities I have so, happy days.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Zoot Allures
Fake retardation, everyone will buy something from a large mentally handicapped black man.

That wasn't meant as trolling either...
you're a stone fox
Oh this is old... I still think you should fake retardation just for the fun of it...
you're a stone fox
I sell cars. I spit all over your stupid programmes.

lol no but seriously, it's tough to compare the two because one is about getting the sale as quick as possible and the other is about slowing the customer down and building value in the product. If you're selling programs, you gotta think about *why* people want them. They offer information, nothing more. They'll have some statistics and some nice little stories. So play off that--football fans are snobby assholes about their teams and want to be the most knowledgeable fan there is, so go off of that. Play up the (mostly false) fact that by buying your programme, they will be a better fan.

That, and stand in front of a gigantic vagina.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Eric_Fail
Just an update, I didn't end up using that giving out lolipops technique but I still ended up doing fking amazing, came second overall in terms of sales out of about 30 people(and all were more experienced than me) so got a pretty good bonus. Who'd have thunk that I was a good salesperson? And the better I do the more job opportunities I have so, happy days.

Intimidation works too.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

You're welcome.

Yeah, I always used to do that and made a killing in commission. I would blow through my retail store's marketing budget on packets of branded mints and free pens. People love free tat
Bring an acoustic guitar and sing jingles. While naked.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer