i've never had the chance to play another guitar plugged in so i cant say for sure but open string, my sustain is okay. farther down the neck, it gets worse. i've got a buzz on every fret and my strings are really close to the frets at the neck. ill put a picture if need be. should i adjust the truss rod? and if so, can i do it with a hex key?

thanks.
Have you checked your string action, it may be too low. and I wouldnt suggest messing with truss rod just yet...
i cant set it any higher. my trem has a gap already...i mean i can but that should be high enough. and at the neck my strings are just about touching the frets.
can I ask what type of bridge your guitar has? if it has saddles you should raise the saddle height instead of the whole bridge
yeah, try raising the saddle, if that isn't helping, it sounds a little like it is the truss rod if you don't get buzz unfretted, only when fretted. Get it professionally set up or someone who has experience with truss rods, and see if you can watch them so they can tell you what they're doing...I wouldn't suggest messing with a truss rod immediately without having some prior experience adjusting them - they can break.
you can change the saddle height? i dont believe i can with mine but its a Schaller Floyd Rose Original.
so I take it your bridge is a floating trem cos if it is you may need to make sure your bridge is parallel with the body you dont want it tilted backwards or forwards also make sure all your locking clamps are properly tightened
Last edited by troyofyort at Sep 2, 2011,
well idk about raisings saddles on the floyd but if it is the truss rod then taking it to a professional is the best idea, and he can probably fix the problem regardless, hope it all goes good!
well the nearest place is 2 hours away but i remember last time i wanted to do this i called guitar center and the tech told me what to do. it seems simple enough, just dont move it much. that being said, what hex key size would it be? also, i just detune the strings, remove the plastic guard, and turn it(which direction if looking from headstock to body?) tune back up, and see if it worked?
Quote by slipknot3325698
i've never had the chance to play another guitar plugged in so i cant say for sure but open string, my sustain is okay. farther down the neck, it gets worse. i've got a buzz on every fret and my strings are really close to the frets at the neck. ill put a picture if need be. should i adjust the truss rod? and if so, can i do it with a hex key?

thanks.

If ALL OF THE FRETS are buzzing, your action is probably too low. If the FIRST FEW FRETS are buzzing, then the truss rod needs to be adjusted. If the frets are buzzing on SEPARATE PLACES, then the guitar has a bad fret leveling. Check the guitar to see if the guitar has any one of the following defects.