Page 1 of 2
I want the green soloist and the pink rhodes everything else just looked bland to me.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
This is why I love Jackson. A neck through body Rhoads at 600 bucks MSRP. (might go for 500 bucks at Musicians Friend. fingers crossed.)

I can finally afford one. *drops a tear*

The following will be my next baby.
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2916312503

or this one: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2916320503
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Last edited by Chaz-6(sic)6 at Sep 2, 2011,
I want the Rhoads RR24XT.. I just dont know if I want it with the Green horns, or just str8 black..
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
saw these on another forum. not too keen on the basswood everywhere, and the lack of a kelly (why?!?!?! ), but if they're still mij, this is pretty cool.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm glad they're getting neckthrough more. It's stupid that even some of their 1000+ dollar guitars still have bolt on.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
^ Nothing wrong with a bolt on as long as it's well made. I quite like the bolt ons on the Dinkies because of the satin finish on the necks.

---

I'm pleased that Jackson are making this move. I love the company, but I've thought for a while that they're not very good on the marketing side of things. They make fantastic instruments, but they weren't really doing what they needed to to compete at the low/mid end with brands like ESP LTD and Ibanez, two companies who really know what they're doing when it comes to marketing.

For the last fifteen years Jackson have always gone with the Japanese build, but a fairly sparse feature list. I suppose that those guitars just don't look as attractive to your average teenage guitarist as the fancier instruments available elsewhere. In particular for me, the lack of binding on the Japanese line was annoying. I'm just glad that they had it on the dinkies, because it's one of those that I own.

Now, they seem to be getting their act together, which is a good sign. They've got their new website up, which is fantastic in itself, because the old one was awful. They've been adding fretboard binding to the Pro series, and now there's these new X series, providing an attractive spec at a lower price. The sort of thing that might actually get new young players playing Jacksons. I'm all for that.

Now, the thing is they haven't announced where these are made. That and the fact that they're giving more features for less cash leads me to believe that it's probably not Japan. I've seen a report that the factory in India which makes the JS series expects to be increasing their guitar exports, and I'm fairly sure that FMIC is the only company that uses them, so I'm guessing these are from that factory. Either that or China, like the new Charvel Desolations.

Of course, while I'd prefer Japan, I think it's more important that they get this line with impressive specs for the price out there to get more new players into the brand. I wouldn't judge them based on where they were made anyway, just on how well they actually played, and I have a feeling that these will be pretty good.
**** that shit, i want them to be MIJ
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Made In Japan

DNA neck-thru? Does it say that on the marketing spiel with them?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
'New Jackson® X Series guitars are loaded with purebred Jackson DNA-neck-through-body construction, hot humbucking pickups, bound compound-radius fingerboards with our distinctive shark-fin inlays, and stunning finishes. Classic Jackson models imbued with the X factor, with fantastic tone, ultra-fast playability and unbelievable value for 21st century guitarists.'

Could be just to do with the whole 'Blood Line', 'Purebred' thing. DNA.
yeah i think so. I thing they're referring to the fact that most of the USA Jacksons are neck-thru, so these are closer to the USA ones in spec. I imagine that's what they mean, anyway.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
wtf...? If i remember correctly there is already a X series that lies within the USA models

Your right. They have just improved the range.

And I have a thing for bolt on to. But would probably pick neck through given the option.
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
wtf...? If i remember correctly there is already a X series that lies within the USA models

This is the upgraded version of the X series. The current X series is the cheapest of their made in Japan line.

USA Select (Made in USA) > Pro & MG (Made in Japan) > X (Made in Japan) > JS (Made in India)

This new version of the X series has much better specs, for not much difference in price. That leads me to guess that they've moved the production away from Japan.

I don't mind, as it means Jacksons with decent specs at a cheaper price point. As long as they keep the Pro series MIJ I'm happy. Hopefully they'll get an upgrade next.

The only thing I'm annoyed about here is the lack of a Kelly in the new X series.
It doesn't look like they've said when these are coming out yet. Another problem with Jackson's marketing department!
I'm thinking of getting the kvxmg.
It has pretty good features for the price.
Last edited by BogdanP28 at Sep 4, 2011,
Sorry guys, I love Jacksons but I can't stand how much Black hardware they use. And what? No new Kellys?

Bring back chrome hardware (and more than just a bridge on a Rhoads) and their looks would match their quality.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Chrome hardware on an all black guitar ruins it for me imo, just makes it look cheap and tacky (see: King Vx10)

These look great though. Good job jackson.

EDIT: I am dissapointed about the kelly though.
ಠ_ಠ

Last edited by Tango616 at Sep 4, 2011,
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat

The only thing I'm annoyed about here is the lack of a Kelly in the new X series.

yeah (aside from the possible non-MIJ thing, and maybe basswood being iffy), the lack of a kelly is a real shame. I mean there are about 15 marginally different soloists in the new x series.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Basswood can actually be very good, I doubt it'll be much of a difference from their older Alder bodies.

I may not buy one, I have my eye on something else, close to the same though, just a bit more deluxe, some added flair. BUT, I'm without a doubt going to try one of these beasts for sure.
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah (aside from the possible non-MIJ thing, and maybe basswood being iffy), the lack of a kelly is a real shame. I mean there are about 15 marginally different soloists in the new x series.

Well yeah, that too.

What I'm mainly pleased with is that these are well spec'd and at a reasonable price point, and hopefully will get more new players into Jackson.

I'll continue to drool over the SL2H and KE2, and maybe check these out when I fancy a guitar that doesn't cost an arm and a leg...
Quote by HeadlessCross
Are the prices listed in USD?

Yeah, they're in US currency.

But they're also the MSRP's. So they might go for about $100 lower than they have listed, more or less.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Yeah, they're in US currency.

But they're also the MSRP's. So they might go for about $100 lower than they have listed, more or less.

That's the best part about it I'm hoping that a few of those soloists go for 500 or less :P
Quote by Tango616
Basswood can actually be very good, I doubt it'll be much of a difference from their older Alder bodies.

oh yeah, good basswood is fine, just at this price point i'd be concerned that it's not the good basswood. Though since a lot of them are neck-thru, it mightn't make all that much difference.

MIJ and no kelly are still the thing.

Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
Well yeah, that too.

hehe
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Jackson SLX looks cool I might try the SLX or an Ibanez S420 later. Does anyone else notice there's no custom shop link on their new website?
Ugh, too many 'Floyd rose special' bridges, too much basswood, don't really like the sound of EMG-HZ (which a few of them have) and I would only buy one if it was MIJ (That's one of the reasons I like Jackson, except for the JS series, they are all made in Japan) The only guitar I would consider would probably be the new Warrior. I like the rhoads (except for the pickups, could switch them out though). Looks pretty sexy
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
I don't see these being made in Japan. A guitar with an MSRP of $600 will probably sell on MF for $400 new. I personally haven't seen any Japanese guitars selling for $400 new. The closest would be the DKMG, that's gone done quite a bit to almost $500, but it originally sold for around $800 new.

I want Jackson to prove me wrong though.
Quote by UKMaster
Ugh, too many 'Floyd rose special' bridges, too much basswood, don't really like the sound of EMG-HZ (which a few of them have) and I would only buy one if it was MIJ (That's one of the reasons I like Jackson, except for the JS series, they are all made in Japan) The only guitar I would consider would probably be the new Warrior. I like the rhoads (except for the pickups, could switch them out though). Looks pretty sexy

Like I said earlier in the thread, I see this as a range of guitars to get new people into the brand. The problem with the Japanese construction is that it makes it harder for them to compete. To keep the prices the same as their rivals, their guitars are fairly simple. Fantastic players, but not flashy. Little Timmy would rather have the flashy guitar for the same price, so he buys the LTD or Schecter for the same price but with the fancy looks.

I expect these will be nice players, and they've got more of the flashy stuff than Jackson's current offerings at that price point. If these get Little Timmy playing Jacksons, and then he goes on to buy a Japanese/USA model, then they've served their purpose. And who knows, maybe they'll be really nice. You can't judge how good a guitar will be just from the country of origin.

Those of us who love the Japanese build, we still have the Pro series. Even though I prefer the Japanese ones, I might consider one of these if they play well. I think the RR24XT would look pretty sweet in Quicksilver with black bevels.

Quote by W4RP1G
I don't see these being made in Japan. A guitar with an MSRP of $600 will probably sell on MF for $400 new. I personally haven't seen any Japanese guitars selling for $400 new. The closest would be the DKMG, that's gone done quite a bit to almost $500, but it originally sold for around $800 new.

I want Jackson to prove me wrong though.

Yeah, my guess is their Indian factory. They've said that they're expecting to increase their guitar exports, and Jackson is the only company that I know of who has guitars built there. I've heard good things about the recent JS models that they've done, and these should be better built than those.
Last edited by Confuse-a-Cat at Sep 7, 2011,
I'm actually quite angry at Jackson over the new X series. I've just finished tweaking my beloved RR3 to my satisfaction and was content to wait for a major windfall to maybe look at an RR1 or even a custom to get all the specs I want and then I jump on their site last week and see this:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/en-AU/products/search.php?partno=2916320503

A budget neck thru model with no scratchplate, stock EMG setup and neck/fingerboard binding. Thanks guys, I now have the worst case of GAS I've had in years. You big fat jerks
Last edited by Waylanderau at Sep 8, 2011,
I just ordered my Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe from ebay and the same day, unexpectedly, the new Jacksons are available for preorder. I was pretty pissed, but oh well. Maybe I'll get an RRXMG as a backup some day.
"To this day I don't have a guitar idol. I have people who are my favorites." - Randy Rhoads
Quote by Mr Winters
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/en-AU/products/search.php?partno=2916320503

The dream has become real. I am most definitely getting that baby in white.

This guy knows what I'm on about. Still haven't decided on black or white though.
Page 1 of 2