"There Should Be A Mandatory Retirement Age Of 40 In Rock 'N' Roll" - Johnny Ramone

Poll: do you agree with johnny?
Poll Options
View poll results: do you agree with johnny?
I agree, these old guys need to know when to stop and hang it up
1 1%
Disagree, age is just a number. you don't stop being creative just because you're old
50 70%
Make a dramatic exit like overdosing or blowing your brains out. better to burn out than fade away
5 7%
I think an artist's late work is sometimes more interesting
2 3%
Overwhelming success can kill creativity so its better to bow out while you're still in your prime
3 4%
I reckon that an aging rapper is more embarrassing than an aging rockstar
10 14%
Voters: 71.
I agree johnny, there is nothing more embarrassing than an old ass rockstar still trying to act young and rebellious
Mick Mars exists, your argument is invalid.

EDIT: And Dave King.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Sep 3, 2011,
Some bands manage to keep going, while others (not naming names) really need to move on with their lives. I am going to turn green out of disgust if half of these newer metalcore/deathcore bands are still doing what they do in their 40's and 50's.
Fuck Johnny Ramone.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Stupid comment. Stupid poll options.

'No' is the only answer needed.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by angusfan16
In other news, my cat has diabetes.

I'm sorry to here that bro
a short list of people that would smack TS for saying this:

Frank Zappa
Les Paul
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
Buckethead
Shawn Lane
Tony Iommi
Rob Halford
Ritchie Blackmore
Uli John Roth
Leslie West
Paul Gilbert
Eddy Van Halen
David Gilmour

and many, many more.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Sep 3, 2011,
Roger Waters. FTW.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Too bad the Ramones only had like ****ing 2 good songs and all died before they were 40.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by theogonia777
a short list of people that would smack TS for saying this:

Frank Zappa
Les Paul
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
Buckethead
Shawn Lane
Tony Iommi
Rob Halford
Ritchie Blackmore
Uli John Roth
Leslie West
Paul Gilbert
Eddy Van Halen
David Gilmour

and many, many more.

This.

IMHO,the ones who should retire are rappers.
I'm guessing he just means the "rock and roll" lifestyle takes a toll on the body. But I don't see it being an issue if your not an alcoholic or on drugs.
There's nothing sadder than a picture of the current Rolling Stones.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
There's nothing sadder than a picture of the current Rolling Stones.

The Rolling Stones are fine except for Mick, this has always been the case though. They shoulda let keef sing everything and then every song would be good, pretty much anyway.
Mick has never been very good , but he doesn't even try to sing properly anymore , it's embarrasing.
Quote by Zoot Allures
The Rolling Stones are fine except for Mick, this has always been the case though. They shoulda let keef sing everything and then every song would be good, pretty much anyway.
Mick has never been very good , but he doesn't even try to sing properly anymore , it's embarrasing.
Nah they all look old and sad. Whenever I see them I want to give them a bowl of soup and a blanket. Keith seriously looks like an Alzheimer's patient.

And I came in this thread to post that. It's just a coincidence that I posted after you.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I agree that often times guitarists can sound a lot more tame and boring after they age some. For example, listen to how Clapton plays Crossroads young:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hwnb8AB2kc&feature=related

Tone is brighter, more sharp and loud, and a more exciting speed. Then some 40 years later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX6J5-13c-0&feature=related

Kind of boring, slow, not as raw and more clean.

But it's all just my opinion, so don't freak out on me.
Pretty good idea. I've yet to come across one rock musician/band that doesn't become subpar after 10 years professionally.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'd also like to point out that Johnny Cash released his best albums when he was 60+
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I would normally say no to this, but RHCP is making me start to reconsider.

I FEED UPON YOUR HATE
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Why rappers?

Because they don't dress up in furry costumes.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Pretty good idea. I've yet to come across one rock musician/band that doesn't become subpar after 10 years professionally.

I beg to differ.

Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by element4433
Nah they all look old and sad. Whenever I see them I want to give them a bowl of soup and a blanket. Keith seriously looks like an Alzheimer's patient.

And I came in this thread to post that. It's just a coincidence that I posted after you.

Keith looks like he's about 900 years old
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Sep 3, 2011,