http://www.hailsandhorns.com/news/saving-october-release-video-for-kourtney-luv/

Give me your honest opinion about this band. DO NOT PULL ANY PUNCHES

Alright. I'm gonna be honest. Some of these guys, I've known for upwards of 6 years. Some of them I've grown to know as cool dudes. Their bassist is a good friend of mine, and this band isn't really his thing.

The rest of the band, however, is cocky. They know nothing about anything that makes music.

Anyone in my state who has any common sense about them, hates them.

Anyone who likes them, is either in the band or is a relative. Speaking of which, the only reason why they are signed, is because their drummer's dad is a glorified baseball coach, and does all the scheduling and booking for them.

So go on. Let the truth be heard from real musicians. Bring it.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
i thought this was some asshole hating on a band for stupid reasons. I still do. But that said this band is nothing special, generic and not that musically talented, although if they are getting gigs and making a good run of it, fair play to them.
Gear
-Shecter Omen 6 Extreme
-Yamaha JX20SC Acoustic
-Roland : Cube 80x
Wishlist
-Mbox recording hardware
-Fender Stratocaster (American Standard)
-Boss Overdrive pedal
I tried to not be bitter in my critique knowing what you thought about them, but allow me to explain using a story:

I got a guitar in 5th grade. I remember my friend in the neighborhood carried our 15 watt amps to eachother's house and jammed out for a while. We had some good times, came up with riffs that sounded cool. Then we discovered tremelo picking and how he had a microphone on his laptop. That laptop microphone was our recording studio. I played stuff that were written outside my capabilities. Looking 8 years back, I know it was horrid, but at the time, I seriously thought I was the best guitarist in the universe because I can play a couple notes fast. The sloppy-ness didn't matter to me as it doesn't on Guitar Hero (the game). All I was worried about was hitting the notes. Maybe my fret hand and pick hand were not in sync, but who cares, I could 'shred'.

I think this story applies to the band in the link you provided...
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Quote by moose1512
i thought this was some asshole hating on a band for stupid reasons. I still do. But that said this band is nothing special, generic and not that musically talented, although if they are getting gigs and making a good run of it, fair play to them.

The short version of the story is, they used to get plenty of shows around here, because they were popular kids in high school.

Now that everyone has seen the band in "action" and what little they have to offer, no one goes to see them anymore. I should know, I ran their merch table for plenty of their shows.

The only reason they have any notoriety is because their bassist plays sweeps for pretty much the entire show when they play live. He couldn't really do anything in this video because the song had already been "written" before he joined the band. (I already made a thread for his other band, it had views, but no one commented. (I'll post here if you guys want to check them out)

I'm not "some asshole". I'm not jealous of them. I've played plenty of decent venues, and without my parents' help.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Quote by tjbhdeath squad
I tried to not be bitter in my critique knowing what you thought about them, but allow me to explain using a story:

I got a guitar in 5th grade. I remember my friend in the neighborhood carried our 15 watt amps to eachother's house and jammed out for a while. We had some good times, came up with riffs that sounded cool. Then we discovered tremelo picking and how he had a microphone on his laptop. That laptop microphone was our recording studio. I played stuff that were written outside my capabilities. Looking 8 years back, I know it was horrid, but at the time, I seriously thought I was the best guitarist in the universe because I can play a couple notes fast. The sloppy-ness didn't matter to me as it doesn't on Guitar Hero (the game). All I was worried about was hitting the notes. Maybe my fret hand and pick hand were not in sync, but who cares, I could 'shred'.

I think this story applies to the band in the link you provided...

The thing is. You can legally call them adults. And adults, should be able to make better music than.. that.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
That was horrible on so many levels. Typical scream-o crap with horrible riffing and ridiculous looks. I immediately wanted to stuff a turd filled sock down the screamer's throat. But if that's what the public wants, give it to 'em.
Yeah they pretty much suck. Not really much more to it. The girl's kinda hot though, whoever she is.

Tone is shitty. Sound is shitty. LOL UBER BREAKDOWNS SO HARDCORE. Don't forget the mouthwash at the end to wash that shitty taste out of your mouth you got from listening to that.

Also, the singer should have a mic if all the other members are playing their instruments.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Sep 3, 2011,
It's just generic hardcore with medium quality production. I've certainly heard much worse. The song didn't feel unified, though. Almost as if they just tried to take all their best riffs and put them all in one song. The video content and song name is cliche beyond belief, but hey, like I said, it's just generic hardcore. The lyrics that I could make out sounded pretty bad and I can't say I care for the singer's tone, but eh. All things said, do I think they deserve a hate thread? No, not really. I think that this is probably just another hardcore trend band, but if they're having fun and all that then good for them, I suppose.
Quote by Kahner
It's just generic hardcore with medium quality production. I've certainly heard much worse. The song didn't feel unified, though. Almost as if they just tried to take all their best riffs and put them all in one song. The video content and song name is cliche beyond belief, but hey, like I said, it's just generic hardcore. The lyrics that I could make out sounded pretty bad and I can't say I care for the singer's tone, but eh. All things said, do I think they deserve a hate thread? No, not really. I think that this is probably just another hardcore trend band, but if they're having fun and all that then good for them, I suppose.

They're not doing it for fun. They just want money out of it. Oh, if only you guys knew.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps: