I hear a clicking noise coming from the tuner and string on the b string whenever I turn it to tune it. The b string also keeps going out of tune easily. What could be the problem? can i fix this myself?
Sounds like the nut is just grabbing the string.

Take the string out (or just loosen it so you can get to the nut) and take some graphite (pencil lead will do) and put it in the slot of the nut. Should work.
Where's Waldo?
You have nothing to worry about. It's just the tension on the nut letting go from the string thus causing the sound you hear which is the string sliding under high pressure. They'll do that sometimes.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
use some chapstick and some pencil lead and that should lube it enough for the string to pass through without the chinking. It'll improve the tuning stability of the string as well.

The slot in the nut, that is. I used to have this issue with my guitar and it would lead to the string going out of tune when I would bend the string as well. I no longer have that problem. Just make sure to clean up any excess so it doesnt get messy.
Last edited by mh1986 at Sep 3, 2011,
Quote by chadreed32
Sounds like the nut is just grabbing the string.

Take the string out (or just loosen it so you can get to the nut) and take some graphite (pencil lead will do) and put it in the slot of the nut. Should work.

I do this to all my guitars and basses, works like a charm.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
A rough spot or groove in the nut slot is grabbing the string. Fold a piece of fine sandpaper in half and rub it in the slot three or four times to smooth things out.
You can also buy a tube of graphite grease, put a bit of that on a toothpick, and lube the nut slots with that. Best time to do that is when you restring it. Put a small amount of it on the bridge saddles and the string trees, if you have a Strat-style guitar.
Never mind the Dawg . . . Beware of Owner!!