I was wondering if it is possible to write tracks on guitar pro 6 and then export them directly to my recording software (garageband until I figure out studio1). I've pretty much been relying on the garageband software to write all the backing tracks (mostly drums) for my songs but I like using guitar pro ALOT more and if I get it I also have a pretty kick ass tab reader. I'm really tight on money though so I wanna make sure I get exactly what I need out of something before I go and throw money around.

Much thanks.
"Those people who tell you not to take chances
They are all missing on what life is about
You only live once so take hold of the chance
Don't end up like others the same song and dance"
-Metallica
Well, what you can do is tweak the EQ and amps and stompboxes used in GP6's RSE until you have the sound you want, and then you can export the RSE-sound into a WAV file. On Windows. I'm sure there must be an actual audio-exportin' option for Macs as well (which I assume you're using because of your mention of Garageband).

If you're able to do that, you should also be able to import the exported RSE-audio into Garageband via a simple menu-click.

Haven't used Garageband myself, ever, but this tactic even works with say Audacity, so I thought I'd at least inform you of the possibility.
Then I shall insert my erect penis into the narrow vaginal cavity of my blood-relative whom I predate by approximately 5 years.
Alright thanks alot.
"Those people who tell you not to take chances
They are all missing on what life is about
You only live once so take hold of the chance
Don't end up like others the same song and dance"
-Metallica
You can also export the GP files as midi and then import them into GarageBand into whichever VSTi you are using. I do this a lot for programming my drums and for various synth tracks. I find it a lot easier to work with as opposed to the midi roll.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
I'll also second exporting and using the MIDI files. I'm sure GP has a demo of GP6 you can use as well to get a gist of what it has.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.