Page 1 of 2
Antis0cial
UG Fanatic
94 IQ
It was bound to be made some day

Slavery the game(trailer included, site is 18+ officialy)

It looks like a legitimate game. The makers behind it are people who left Creative Assembly(from the Total war series).

What do you guys think of this? Other than that once the media gets attention of this it's gonna be a more massive media shitstorm than there has ever been of any game. Is it crossing a line?

When I saw the trailer first thing I realized was that this is an aspect always avoided in any other RTS or historical games. Even though the huge importance it had.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Last edited by Antis0cial at Sep 3, 2011,
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Plantation Tycoon?

Well, I loved Dinosaur Tycoon, and Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Zoo Tycoon, so I'll be sure to check this out as well.
Kensai
49ers
4,147 IQ
Can't wait for Slavery: Viking edition
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
175 IQ
It looks...massively inappropriate. You get to take and discipline slaves, as a game? Something sounds very wrong about that. Very sadistic.

I'm all for learning about the slave trade (hello year 9 history lessons) because it's a very key part of the history of the British Empire and Britain and the commonwealth wouldn't be anywhere without slaves (even the Romans and the Egyptians had them in ancient times).

I think this is kinda along the lines of making the following titles games; Holocaust: The Game, Apartheid: The Game, Suicide Bombing: the Game etc.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by Kensai
Can't wait for Slavery: Viking edition

Viking Edition?

Psh. Wait for the Hebrew Expansion Pack.
Kensai
49ers
4,147 IQ
Quote by blake1221
Viking Edition?

Psh. Wait for the Hebrew Expansion Pack.

I'm saving up for the North America: Southern states multiplayer add-on.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Zeletros
Banned
1,339 IQ
Avoided this issue? Really?

No, this game looks really dull, in fact they seem to emphasize on being exceptionally violent for no apparent reason and I saw no ACTUAL gameplay in the trailer.

You ask me, this is just another shitty game that everyone will get only because of the publicity, also, why the hell is trailer "18+", I saw no offensive content.
the_hoodster
442 IQ
Holocaust Tycoon anyone?

My main problem with the game is that judging from the trailer, they seem to be glorifying slavery, something which is obviously still an issue today.
Last edited by the_hoodster at Sep 3, 2011,
ripple07
Clancy can't even sing
594 IQ
Hey, if someone can make money off of movies about slavery, and if schools can make money off of teaching it, why can't someone make a game about it?
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by Kensai
I'm saving up for the North America: Southern states multiplayer add-on.

You can actually pre-order that at Gamestop for five bucks. When you pre-order, they throw in extra farm equipment, I think it's worth it. You can unlock Uncle Tom's Cabin as well.
Ichikurosaki
tri1 tri2 tri3 tri4
158 IQ
Quote by OddOneOut
It looks...massively inappropriate. You get to take and discipline slaves, as a game? Something sounds very wrong about that. Very sadistic.

Pokemon gets away with it
mullet1337
A Man A Plan
131 IQ
Quote by ripple07
Hey, if someone can make money off of movies about slavery, and if schools can make money off of teaching it, why can't someone make a game about it?

Making money isn't the reason schools choose to teach slavery. It's about the historial significance and to raise awareness. Movies only depict slavery, but with a game you're artificially taking part in slavery... for enjoyment.
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Last edited by mullet1337 at Sep 3, 2011,
ripple07
Clancy can't even sing
594 IQ
Quote by mullet1337
Making money isn't the reason they choose to teach slavery. It's about the historial significance and to raise awareness. Movies only depict slavery, but with a game you're artificially taking part in slavery... for enjoyment.

You sure about that? And the second part: Watching a movie is the same thing. Paying to watch a black man get whipped.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Last edited by ripple07 at Sep 3, 2011,
Banjocal
UG's only only
1,174 IQ
Quote by mullet1337
Making money isn't the reason schools choose to teach slavery. It's about the historial significance and to raise awareness. Movies only depict slavery, but with a game you're artificially taking part in slavery... for enjoyment.

It's more likely both, but money plays a big part.

as for the for enjoyment thing... Who the hell would enjoy that? Am I too much a moralfag?
mullet1337
A Man A Plan
131 IQ
Quote by ripple07
You sure about that?

They sure don't glorify it, at least that's the way I was taught it.
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Ichikurosaki
tri1 tri2 tri3 tri4
158 IQ
Quote by Banjocal
as for the for enjoyment thing... Who the hell would enjoy that? Am I too much a moralfag?

Pretty much. It's a game, with goal and direction.. It might be controversal, sure, but so is shooting people. Plenty of games get away with that

Oh it's fine, they're BAD people so it's totally ok
Harvey Swick
Naive American
1,260 IQ
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Pokemon gets away with it

POKEMON!!!

OT slavery was wrong.
why would anybody make a game over such a controversial subject?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
ripple07
Clancy can't even sing
594 IQ
Quote by Harvey Swick
POKEMON!!!

OT slavery was wrong.

They made games about what the Empire did to the Rebels. They even froze Han Solo in carbonite.
Quote by Gabel
Banjocal
UG's only only
1,174 IQ
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Pretty much. It's a game, with goal and direction.. It might be controversial, sure, but so is shooting people. Plenty of games get away with that

Oh it's fine, they're BAD people so it's totally ok

Yes, but taking part in slavery in the game just seems quite...bad. In a film, it is almost always depicted to be a bad thing i.e. the film never really promotes it. However the game is promoting violence towards the slaves: there is nothing to suggest it is wrong. I just don't like the idea of that. I don't mind shooting games, but slavery is a totally different concept to me, and one I dislike. I'm probably reading too much into it and being an arse

Quote by Harvey Swick

Money. There is a reason the most controversial artists and games make such good money: publicity. People sometimes think (read: younger kids who are desperate to play an 18+ game) of games like this as "the forbidden fruit they can actually eat".
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 3, 2011,
Sir Daniel
Feels good man
84 IQ
Quote by Lespauljames
flight simulator x- 9/11 edition.

*trollface*

If it wasn't America, you can bet there would be a game about 9/11 in the next ten years.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
2,214 IQ
Quote by OddOneOut

I think this is kinda along the lines of making the following titles games; Holocaust: The Game, Apartheid: The Game, Suicide Bombing: the Game etc.

Or, say, making games that glorify war, murder, and general and killing...

If we're allowed to have a game where I can pick up a hooker and murder her, or a game where I can spend hours and hours realistically massacring other soldiers, then I fail to see the problem with this. If you're offended by the game then, err, don't buy the game
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Banjocal
UG's only only
1,174 IQ
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Or, say, making games that glorify war, murder, and general and killing...

If we're allowed to have a game where I can pick up a hooker and murder her, or a game where I can spend hours and hours realistically massacring other soldiers, then I fail to see the problem with this. If you're offended by the game then, err, don't buy the game

This, like how he mentioned the holocaust game idea, takes into account racism though, so it isn't just violence: it's aimed at someone. I get the feeling that if this were a real game (which it probably isn't), there would be a shitstorm of massive proportions over this game because of that.
Metallica1554
UG's Foo Foo Cuddly Poops
1,832 IQ
Is there a Wilhelm scream in the trailer?

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'twas a dream
isabiggles
UG Addict
1,203 IQ
Lmao, this just looks stupid.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
creelers
Banned
31 IQ
Quote by Zeletros
Avoided this issue? Really?

No, this game looks really dull, in fact they seem to emphasize on being exceptionally violent for no apparent reason and I saw no ACTUAL gameplay in the trailer.

You ask me, this is just another shitty game that everyone will get only because of the publicity, also, why the hell is trailer "18+", I saw no offensive content.

It's a teaser dumb ass, for a game that apparently doesn't exist.
Last edited by creelers at Sep 3, 2011,
Cb4rabid
K♦️
2,628 IQ
I don't see a problem with it.

If I can run over people with a tank in GTA, go down to little Haiti and find mostly black people and start a gang war, I don't see how this game is any different.
pinga
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart
1,580 IQ
If this turns out to be a real game, shitstorm doesn't even begin to describe what will happen.

"NEW FROM JAVELIN GAMING: HIV THE SAN FRANCISCO EDITION"
duncang
Popular British sitcom
4,351 IQ
Very very obviously not real
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
fearofthemark
UG Fanatic
1,280 IQ
gotta catch 'em all!
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
95 IQ
Whipping slaves would be really fun on the Nintendo Wii.