Hey!
I'm in the middle of creating my own Bass Guitar, and I would like to put my Bass Big Muff into it ( slightly inspired by Muse )
But one problem,
Built-in effects seem to have toggle switches for on/off function, but how could I change the current stomp switch (3PDT) to a toggle switch (i can only find 2PDTs) ???
Any ideas would be welcome!
A 3PDT switch is really 3 switches that act at the same time. In that pedal one is for power, one is the effect, and one is for the LED. To use a toggle that is only 2PDT you'd have to ditch the light. Once you open it up you should be able to identify it easily.
alternatively get 3pdt toggle switches, check ebay, smallbearelec etc. not sure where in the world you are but quick links:

UK: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Toggle-Switch-Off-3PDT-SW318-/160597068599?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item256454cb37

US: http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=708
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by inkandlead
A 3PDT switch is really 3 switches that act at the same time. In that pedal one is for power, one is the effect, and one is for the LED. To use a toggle that is only 2PDT you'd have to ditch the light. Once you open it up you should be able to identify it easily.

Basically your complete answer here. though I don't think you'd want an LED in it anyway.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by inkandlead

thats not what the three poles actually do. one is for the LED, yes, but the other two are the bypass. one pole is essentially the input and the other pole is essentially the output. depending on the position of the switch, the input and output are either connected to the effect, or connected together.

which means, yes, you can use a DPDT toggle switch. as long as you know which position is which, you dont necessarily need an LED indicator. or you can use a DPDT switch and something like Millenium Bypass if you want to have an LED. or, they do make 3PDT toggle switches, but are a bit harder to find.