heres the deal...
ive been "playing" for about 2 or 3 years.
but i never really "learned" guitar. i just learned how to play and how to read tabs.
and i haven't been picking up my guitar hardly at all over the past year or so. maybe once or twice a month, BUT i want to get back into it and actually learn it.

i currently have a shane targa, which is basicly a generic stratocaster, i have no problems with it(though my cat has knocked it over and broken it in a couple places -_-)
but i'm looking to get something else to learn on.

iv'e had about 3 other guitars, 1 flamenco guitar which i didnt really like cuz of how high the strings were from the fretboard. then i had a Dean electric (evo i believe, it was one of those 80$ - 100$ guitars), i sold that one, and then i had another acoustic that i had found by sombodies garbage can(-_-), i got rid of that one because the insides of it were falling apart.

iv'e been looking at an ibanez talman(http://www.ibanez.com/AcousticGuitars/model-TCY10ETBS)
since im looking for something thats not too big, and where the strings are close to the fretboard(but not TOO close :p)

but the reviews on it are mixed, some are saying its a great guitar, but others are saying the sound on it sucks.
does anybody have this guitar?

i don't mind if the sound isnt as loud as other acoustic guitars, as im not gonna be playing to very large crowds, im mainly just gonna be playing it in my room, or to small crowds of no more than three people(family members, friends, etc)
as long as i can hear the notes and the tones clearly, it should be good enough for me.

are there any other guitars people could recommend to me?
Go to your local music shops and play acoustics. Find one you like in your price range. That's the only recommendation I can give you that will make sure you are 100% happy with what you have.
PSN - Boosted928
Quote by boosted928
Go to your local music shops and play acoustics. Find one you like in your price range. That's the only recommendation I can give you that will make sure you are 100% happy with what you have.

i would but most are over 50 miles away :/
Quote by Weirdbag
I haven't read the whole text but I would recommend you a Yamaha FG700

that guitar looks pretty good. itll definately be one of the ones i consider :p
Yeah i'd say a Yamaha FG700s. The only sucky part is that if you're used to making barre chords all the way up to the 14th fret on your electric, you better be able to live with just being able to do it up to the 5 fret on the acoustic. -__-'

I ne\ed my action lowered. Meh.
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
Regardless of what people say, Fender makes great acoustic guitars for relatively cheap. And if most music stores will ship for like five bucks. It really depends on what level ur on though.