Yeah another suggestions thread, sorry. But I'm looking for a small amp to be able to use in a halls of residence at University and at the same time be able to jam with my friend bassist who has a 30 watt amp, so amp modelling technology here is kind of ruled out. So ideally I'm looking for something that can switch to 5 watts or below, or maybe even be a 10 watt or something as long as it will be loud enough to jam. I have £400-450 which is about $700. I play a lot of Alice Cooper and Rhoads-era Ozzy style stuff and some modern metal to boot so I'd really like something British voiced. Obviously I play blues and country on top but thats not too important as all you need is a clean channel for it.
It sounds like a stupid question asking how to spend X amount of money on a small amp but I really wanna get something I'm not gonna want to boot out and regret due to selling my Bugera for (but obviously I can't use that when it comes to quiet practice). I've heard about the Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18 combo, and that seems to be worth the stretch of a bit more... Any ideas? Cheers
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
I use a Vox VT15 for playing at home. It sounds pretty nice for a small amp, has a truckload of effects and sounds, and is affordable aswell.
Vision is the art of seeing things invisible to others.
I would check out the low wattage egnater (variable power) or blackstar amps.
tiny terror and a small cab?
GEAR:
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH
Ibanez RGA-32
Peavey Vypyr 15
Line 6 Pod Studio GX + Pod Farm
I thought the TT had an excellent classic/hard rock sound, but there's no clean channel, and it's overpriced for what it is.

What about a Blackstar HT-20?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/blackstar-venue-series-ht-studio-20-20w-tube-guitar-combo-amp
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by Strat007

HT20 owner here, chipping in.

If the sound is what you want, then it will definitely be loud enough for a drummer.
Although it can go quiet enough for home volumes, am I right in thinking a considerate guitarist might go for something even quieter for uni halls? (Although i do believe the HT20 has a headphone jack, never used it though).

EDIT: Look around at 18watt marshall clones too, about as britishvoiced as you could get.
call me ziggy.
Quote by earthisearthis
HT20 owner here, chipping in.

If the sound is what you want, then it will definitely be loud enough for a drummer.
Although it can go quiet enough for home volumes, am I right in thinking a considerate guitarist might go for something even quieter for uni halls? (Although i do believe the HT20 has a headphone jack, never used it though).

EDIT: Look around at 18watt marshall clones too, about as britishvoiced as you could get.

Do the ht-20s have a crapload of ss components in them like the ht-1 and ht-5?
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Yeah, there's definitely some SS stuff going on in there. HT-20 gutshot:

Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
the laney lc15 amp is british tone, all valve - with an od pedal will get you tones you want - cheap too
Another vote for a TT and a 1x12, i've got one and they sound excellent.