A few guys I know have reccomended this to, one of them owns it and says its amazing for the price. What do you guys think?

For a second acousitc to replace my Cort AD810 Acoustic, I'm buying a second one so I can take My Cort around and play it. I don't want to take it around right now and have it get broken, you know? It's my only guitar right now.

So thoughts on the Cobalt C250?
i'm a big fan of carvin amps and electrics, but the cobalt line is one of the few things at carvin not made by carvin. they're made in korea, and i'm not crazy about them. on the other hand, you may like their tone more than i do. for the price, i don't find them a particularly good value, either - but not a bad value. you can get an all solid recording king at elderly for the price of these laminate back and sides guitars.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
i'm a big fan of carvin amps and electrics, but the cobalt line is one of the few things at carvin not made by carvin. they're made in korea, and i'm not crazy about them. on the other hand, you may like their tone more than i do. for the price, i don't find them a particularly good value, either - but not a bad value. you can get an all solid recording king at elderly for the price of these laminate back and sides guitars.

Laminate? wat. I'm trying to get away from laminate. That's what my cort is, and I don't like it. :\ Recording King? Never even heard of them.
they make martin clones - pretty darn nice ones, too. in fact, i'd say the two brands that are the best for this type of tone are blueridge and recording king, and recording king offers 2 all solid guitars for $350 each - a dread and a 000. check this page for that price
http://elderly.com/brand/20N_recording%20king.html

for a little more, blueridge makes their all solid sitka/mahogany gloss dread. i've played a bunch of these, and i really like them
http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/blueridge_br_140/52957/35952
and here's their 000
http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/blueridge_br_143/52957/35949

neither of these brands is sold at guitar center, so a lot of people are unfamiliar with them, but i'm fortunate enough to live near mccabe's, which is probably the largest blueridge dealer in l.a., and also carries several recording kings at any given time. i have a blueridge parlor, and i really like it.

btw, there are better sounding laminate back and sides guitars than your cort - the seagull s6 would be one of them.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at Sep 3, 2011,
Quote by patticake
they make martin clones - pretty darn nice ones, too. in fact, i'd say the two brands that are the best for this type of tone are blueridge and recording king, and recording king offers 2 all solid guitars for $350 each - a dread and a 000. check this page for that price
http://elderly.com/brand/20N_recording%20king.html

for a little more, blueridge makes their all solid sitka/mahogany gloss dread. i've played a bunch of these, and i really like them
http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/blueridge_br_140/52957/35952
and here's their 000
http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/blueridge_br_143/52957/35949

neither of these brands is sold at guitar center, so a lot of people are unfamiliar with them, but i'm fortunate enough to live near mccabe's, which is probably the largest blueridge dealer in l.a., and also carries several recording kings at any given time. i have a blueridge parlor, and i really like it.

btw, there are better sounding laminate back and sides guitars than your cort - the seagull s6 would be one of them.

So that BR-140 won't steer me wrong?

i see that guitar is on sale, I probably wont buy for a couple more months, just looking into options right now, you know?
Last edited by Halt at Sep 3, 2011,
well, that br-140 won't steer you wrong if you're looking for a guitar with a balanced tone with plenty of bass rather than a bright guitar like a taylor and you're good with a 1 11/16" nut. the headstock is a turnoff for some - me, i'd rather focus on the tone, and it delivers. btw, maury's always has the best prices on blueridge guitars even when not on sale. if you're looking for a bright tone or a fat neck, there are non-blueridge options.
Quote by Skeet UK
Quote by patticake
well, that br-140 won't steer you wrong if you're looking for a guitar with a balanced tone with plenty of bass rather than a bright guitar like a taylor and you're good with a 1 11/16" nut. the headstock is a turnoff for some - me, i'd rather focus on the tone, and it delivers. btw, maury's always has the best prices on blueridge guitars even when not on sale. if you're looking for a bright tone or a fat neck, there are non-blueridge options.

Could you give me a few options on ones in that price range with bright tones? Just to weigh my options.

I'm kinda disappointed knowing that C250 has laminate back and sides. I want my next guitar to be solid. No laminate what-so-ever.
Last edited by Halt at Sep 3, 2011,
a bright sounding all solid for $500 or less? not really. the only all solids i know in this price range have a more martin-like tone. you might want to check out the seagull s6 slim - it's full but bright, just a great solid top.
Quote by Skeet UK
Quote by patticake
a bright sounding all solid for $500 or less? not really. the only all solids i know in this price range have a more martin-like tone. you might want to check out the seagull s6 slim - it's full but bright, just a great solid top.

How long do you think that BR-140 will stay on sale? I'll probably get that since it is all solid, which what I'd like, and the fact you talk so highly of them.

Haha, that headstock is so silly. Almost a deal breaker since I know someone will say something about it, haha.

About my Cort:

I knew there were much better options then my cort, I had no cash, and traded up my Cort X-2 Electric for it. I lost value, but I just wasn't feeling electric guitar. Acoustic is my real passion. Maybe someday I'll buy an electric. I don't think I really want one for a while.
Last edited by Halt at Sep 4, 2011,