I need some opinions or thoughts on a new bass that I am looking at. I'm looking into getting a ESP LTD AX-54. It looks stylish and I would like your opinion on this.
I hate metal.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
"Reasonably priced" doesn't tell us a whole lot. What's your budget?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Alright if you're gonna read my post at least give your opinion. That is what makes me mad. All the ppl read the post and say nothing. I need opinions
Quote by jddyess08
Alright if you're gonna read my post at least give your opinion. That is what makes me mad. All the ppl read the post and say nothing. I need opinions

Calm down, not everyone has an opinion they'd like to offer.

At that price point, I'd point you in the direction of a Squier Classic Vibe Precision or Jazz bass, a Squier Vintage Modified Precision or Jazz, an Ibanez SR300, or a Peavey Millennium BXP.

Or if you're willing to look into a used bass, maybe a used MIM Fender Precision or Jazz, a Yamaha BB, or a higher end Ibanez SR (used 400 or 500 or whatever turns up really).
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
ESP/LTD make solid basses up and down in my opinion.
Anything from them in the 200-400 range will be GOOD ENOUGH

I had an MD-500 (good luck finding one) and got it for 350 used, the thing was beautiful and used it throughout the reign of my thrash metal band in middle school.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Dude, esp viper = ultra sex looks. I love viper, and if your considering esps, then consider a viper. I think ibanez and esp make some of the best entry level guitars and basses.
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Quote by jddyess08

OK, I will post my opinion, despite the fact that it won't be of any use to you.

The bass looks ridiculous, and unless you are playing in some sort of doom band, with costumes and everything, or are 12, you will be laughed out of any serious band.

The only way I would purchase something like that would be if it played and sounded better than all other instruments on the market.

Be sensible and buy a secondhand MIM Fender Jazz or Precision.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
So what would be a good bass for all types.of music, jazz, rock blues, etc.
If you want a bass that's stylish with out being over the top, check out the F-series of ESP/ltd. I swear by mine as one of the best I've played.
Quote by jddyess08
So what would be a good bass for all types.of music, jazz, rock blues, etc.

I would suggest Fender Jazz or Precision. They're not exactly the most mind blowing instruments, but they have a classic sound that works in probably all situations.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!