Well, I have been playing guitar for nearly a year now, not much I know, but when i play other guitarists note that I play signifigantly better than others that have been playing the same length of time.

I am in two bands, and practice several hours a day; The guitar is my passion.

But recently )I feel like I have stopped advancing. I can't find things to bridge the gap to the next level. I am 100% self taught, only help I have ever recieved has been from the UG Community, and I don't have the money to afford a guitar teacher.

What are some ways I can advance in my playing skill?
Quote by behind_you
Ostrich thread would've been much better.

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
Practice. More practice.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
The better you get at really anything, the more work it takes to keep improving. You might not notice it, but you probably are improving even if just slightly. If it's really frustrating you, take a short break. Then go back and you should feel refreshed. Also you may not be able to afford teachers, but there are a lot of resources online. Just go on youtube and watch some videos by people like Dave Mustaine, Paul Gilbert, and Joe Satriani. You don't even have to do anything they tell you about. Just watch and see if it gives you any ideas on stuff you might want to practice. Sometimes it takes that little bit of inspiration to get you going and eventually you'll improve noticeably.
Besides practicing scales i would say go out of your way to learn different styles of music. I started getting into prog metal not to long ago and have noticed a great improvement in my playing. I used to only be able to do 3 string sweeps but i've moved up to 5 string now. My alternate picking is considerably tighter and my writing is quite dynamic now.
Examine your technique, figure out what's holding you back and eliminate it.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
I love you guys! Always such a help thanks so much!
Quote by behind_you
Ostrich thread would've been much better.

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.