Hello.

Playing almost 2 years on my guitar and lately when i play i'm getting shocked
When touching the strings.
My friend touched the strings and felt nothing!
I'm getting those shocks when my guitar is plugged into Amp (Marshall 15 MG)
Or to my Multi Effects (DigiTech RP100) and plugged to computer.
So it must be problem from the guitar or ME O-O
not wearing any statistic clothes or anything and i'm not wet..

Looking for any possible ideas that might fixing it! D:
Thanks for the helpers.
it's usually the rig or the house outlet, not the guitar.

plug the guitar directly into the amp, into the wall of an outlet that you trust.

see if that's cool, then all gear from there.

the guitar might be contributing to the issue.
but it's just passing along a problem from the wall or amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Could be an issue with the grounding wire. Take off the pick guard if you have one and see if can find a wire leading to just a the trem block or bridge (just any piece of metal).
Sounds like you have a ground problem somewhere, most likely in your gear and not your guitar. (1)Try plugging straight into the amp, without going through the pedalboard. Still shocking you? If so, (2) next, plug the amp into a different electrical outlet, preferably in another room. Does it shock you now?

If it stopped shocking when you plugged the amp into a different outlet, then you have a bad ground on the outlet you were using. Find a qualified electrician. If the shocking went away when you tried option #1 above, then you have a bad ground in one of your effects pedals. You can unplug the power supply for each pedal, one at a time, until it stops shocking you and that will be the culprit. Replace the pedal.
Never mind the Dawg . . . Beware of Owner!!
Quote by jj1565
it's usually the rig or the house outlet, not the guitar.

plug the guitar directly into the amp, into the wall of an outlet that you trust.

see if that's cool, then all gear from there.

the guitar might be contributing to the issue.
but it's just passing along a problem from the wall or amp.

Well , I have 2 extender sockets \ plugins or however I say it. (Not speaking English very well).
and a lot plugged in to those sockets. and I the another sockets extender plugged into the first because its full, the amp/multi effects plugged into the second.
and the cabal from the amp is really short. can't plug in into another wall of an outlet.
And I've never had any of those problems before , can it be something else by any chance?
If i'll buy new sockets extender , it may fix the problem or the problem comes
only from the wall of an outlet?

Thanks.
Have you plugged something NEW into it lately? Like a new effect pedal, etc.?
Never mind the Dawg . . . Beware of Owner!!
Quote by Dawgman51
Have you plugged something NEW into it lately? Like a new effect pedal, etc.?

Nope
Maybe you have a ground issue in your entire apartment. That's really, really dangerous. You might want to check this out some way. I had that problem and found out I used a wrong plug for my outlet so the ground wasn't connected at all (it also made some buzz). If you're ground in the apartment is good and your amp power cable is good too, and you still get the problem when connecting the guitar directly to the amp, then you must have a problem with the ground inside the amp.
Quote by MetalUnicorn
Well , I have 2 extender sockets \ plugins or however I say it. (Not speaking English very well).
and a lot plugged in to those sockets. and I the another sockets extender plugged into the first because its full, the amp/multi effects plugged into the second.
and the cabal from the amp is really short. can't plug in into another wall of an outlet.
And I've never had any of those problems before , can it be something else by any chance?
If i'll buy new sockets extender , it may fix the problem or the problem comes
only from the wall of an outlet?

Thanks.

if you are saying that you are using extension cables and i maybe sub par (not so good) surge protectors
or other connected wires.
and you are shocking yourself.

this is an issue.

you need to stop doing all the middle stuff.

and plug the amp into the wall. (i hope it has a 3 prong plug).

and then plug the guitar into the amp.

and see if you are good that way.
if you are, then add to your rig, one piece at a time.
not using any extension cables.

anything else is not safe. and not working right now.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Took the second extension cables plugged into a wall of an outlet and then my amp/multi effects to my guitar and it fixed the problem , no more shocking (finally).
Thanks guys for your help!
hey, your problem with your electrified strings might be solved but i seriously recomend you find the extention thing or whatever is not grounded properly and replace it. if any problem occurs with electric equipment that malfunctions it can send the power of your outlet straight trough you into the ground by touching the casing or metal parts of the equipment. and that is going to hit harder than the shock you got from your strings.

it can also destroy the equipment. and cause fire.
haha that happened to me at my friends house during a jam and i spazzed out
Quote by MetalUnicorn
Hello.

Playing almost 2 years on my guitar and lately when i play i'm getting shocked
When touching the strings.
My friend touched the strings and felt nothing!
I'm getting those shocks when my guitar is plugged into Amp (Marshall 15 MG)
Or to my Multi Effects (DigiTech RP100) and plugged to computer.
So it must be problem from the guitar or ME O-O
not wearing any statistic clothes or anything and i'm not wet..

Looking for any possible ideas that might fixing it! D:
Thanks for the helpers.
15 years old playing 4 years and no lessons. Guitars:Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Amps:Peavey 6505+ head, Peavey Classic 50 combo, Peavey audition 110. Effects:IbanezTS-9, Dunlop535qwah, BossMT-2. YouTube A7Xguitarplayer0272