Hi, I have this friend working overseas and he just bought a B.C. Rich Warlock bass, but we're not to sure of its origin. He's located in Japan, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a MIJ model, but it has the original "R" logo on it, which from what I've heard is only put on the USA made models up until recently. I'm pretty sure its from the 80's, its a neck-through 4 string and it has one of the less common head stock designs with the tuners in a line. We've tried finding a serial number on it, but there's nothing. Usually its on the back of the head stock, but there's nothing there.

I have a few pictures of it here, but my question is, can anyone tell me when and where this might have been made and what its value is?

Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
You should ask the bc rich forums. They will be able to tell you right away. That is indeed how the old headstocks were. The location of the R will probably be the first clue of how genuine it is but I'm not one to ask about it.

Regardless I think it looks pretty sweet.
I'm assuming at least 15 years, if not more. BC Rich stopped producing neck through basses a long time ago. Since that R logo is only used for handcrafted guitars/basses, and they do not produce a Warlock bass in the handcrafted series, you're looking at a very old bass. I played an original 1980 Mockingbird bass, and it's value was around $5,000, because of the condition it was in. Since that bass doesn't have the original paint job (I assume), and it's bridge was replaced, it's value would be up around the $3,500, if it is an original Warlock from way back when. This is all speculation and I could be way off. But that's my guess.
Last edited by Brad_Bassist at Sep 3, 2011,