I really love a good quality reverb pedal. I like being able to turn it on or off and having the knobs right there to tweak. I've seen some decent ones by Boss, Hardwire, and TC Electronic that are all in within the same price range. I really like those two the most though. I was wondering which one works great for big ambience and experimental stuff, but that can also be dialed back for more subtle and classic reverb?
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Nobody? Does anyone have any experience with the Malekko Chicklet or the Wampler Faux Spring Reverb? I watched demos that I like, but I know that doesn't compare to the actual experience. I'm not really concerned with a budget as long as it doesn't go very much over $200. I'm doing this whole "one piece of gear at a time" thing. I'm prioritizing a better amp, but I'm not jazzed about the reverb on anyone amp in particular that I'm considering. That's why I'm looking at one of these pedals. I'm even considering two reverb pedals eventually.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Well, Malekko had great success with their Spring Chicken reverb a while back, but that was a limited edition release. The Chicklet was to be the successor to that pedal, but it didn't gather quite as much acclaim.

Haven't heard much about the Faux Spring Reverb, but all of Brian's pedals are great.

My personal recommendation? If you're after a few models of reverb, go for the TC Electronic Hall of Fame. Amazing reverb pedal, and very decently priced. http://proguitarshop.com/store/effects-reverb-pedals-c-602_118/tc-electronic-hall-of-fame-reverb-p-2752
I have the Malekko Chicklet. Build quality excellent, its size is handy. Ergonomics over.

Is generally quite subtle though you can dial in a quite spacey reverb. Has a nice spring reverb quality to its tone. No oscillations/doesn't sound electronic like some reverbs can. I prefer it to the Holy Grail which is similarly priced and very popular.

If you want massive reverb this may not be the pedal for you. I also have an EHX Cathedral which I use for big reverb, and use the Chicklet for a more standard subtle reverb. If you want the full range you might want a verb with more controls to mess around with (RV7/Cathedral etc.)
Last edited by Duv at Sep 5, 2011,
On the other hand, if you want simple, the Neunaber WET is an absolutely fantastic reverb and it lies around the $200 range. It's got just two surprisingly powerful knobs.

The Line 6 Verbzilla might also be fun to mess around with, as it's got many different kinds of reverb built in. It's especially praised for its Cave and Octo modes.
Last edited by Helicopters! at Sep 5, 2011,
Quote by Helicopters!
On the other hand, if you want simple, the Neunaber WET is an absolutely fantastic reverb and it lies around the $200 range. It's got just two surprisingly powerful knobs.

Came in to say this. Mine's waiting in the office downstairs until tomorrow. The TC Hall of Fame is really cool too, though the new Stereo WET that comes out in October is similar in concept.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Came in to say this. Mine's waiting in the office downstairs until tomorrow. The TC Hall of Fame is really cool too, though the new Stereo WET that comes out in October is similar in concept.

you and your crazy gear...

YOU WENT TO WESTLAKE! IT ALL MAKES SENSE!
Last edited by Helicopters! at Sep 6, 2011,