Hi all about a year ago i got my first tube amp an AC4 head and cab and really loved the sound/tone. I then got a 15w Night Train head off e/bay and put it with the AC4 1x12 cab and that also sounded great. Then i got an Orange TT head and put it with the 1x12 and the sound/tone was excellent. I now want to chop all the above in for an Orange TH30 (2nd channel and fx loop) and a 2x12. I only play at home with friends most of the time and i know i will use this in 7 and 15w mode most of the time. My question is guys do you think this is ok to use at home or is it way to much amp, thanks Paul.
if you can afford something you want, get it. but think it through first and make sure you really want it. just put down the volume if its to loud. it seems like a great amp. i would go for it.
i use mine at home, it's fine I always use it in 7 watts at home and it's cool! then the 30 watts is great if you wanna gig!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

Rossmillertarn : does it sound good in person ?? cause every demo and many review ive seen of this amp come to the zsame conclusion .. the drive channel sound" like a very good boutique distortion pedal" at best .

thats the first thing that came to my mind on every demo i heard of that amp .. and thats what some reviewers said , some make me think im not alone to think like that .

would you pay 1000 $ for a good distortion pedal ???

i like orange amp ( they have a fuzzy high gain disortion thats wonderful ) and love the sound of the TH30 .. but it seem overpriced for the sound you have on it . seem like a good british high gain distortion pedal ( wampler etc.. ) can achieve the same result .

the fuzzyness of the gain of that amp sound like pedal .

n-e way great amp , great company .. not trying to talks*it about orange .. but just think the TH30 distortion isnt the flagship of the orange sound ..
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Not at all way to much amp.

I just actually played one at GC, and in the 7 watt mode, it delivered some nice tone at a relatively low volume. I vote yae.
Where's Waldo?
It'll be fine, I use my 90 watts Mesa at home. I think your 30 watter will be fine.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Thanks a lot guys i really thought you were all going to say it was a bad idea.
Quote by Skysc
Rossmillertarn : does it sound good in person ?? cause every demo and many review ive seen of this amp come to the zsame conclusion .. the drive channel sound" like a very good boutique distortion pedal" at best .

thats the first thing that came to my mind on every demo i heard of that amp .. and thats what some reviewers said , some make me think im not alone to think like that .

would you pay 1000 $ for a good distortion pedal ???

i like orange amp ( they have a fuzzy high gain disortion thats wonderful ) and love the sound of the TH30 .. but it seem overpriced for the sound you have on it . seem like a good british high gain distortion pedal ( wampler etc.. ) can achieve the same result .

the fuzzyness of the gain of that amp sound like pedal .

n-e way great amp , great company .. not trying to talks*it about orange .. but just think the TH30 distortion isnt the flagship of the orange sound ..

I agree with what your saying that it isnt the flagship of the Orange sound but it's as much as i want to spend for home use. I have only heard this on you tube so far as i did with all my amps and they were all fine so i I know i will like it. I have also been listening to the Thunderverb 50 and that head sounds just about perfect to my ear but i just can't spend that much money on a home setup.
yeah i think it sounds awesome! Probably best to go try one yourself really
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

Id say so!
Id use it in full power at home lol(seriously though)
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean