Hi guys, me and my gf have just split up right? It was her that did the dumping after a hearted argument that lasted a couple of days (it's now nearly a week since we split up).
Now she's wanting to get back together.
As much as I love her I just don't want to be with her anymore because of all the arguing we did in the last few months - I don't wanna hurt her and I don't wanna BE hurt anymore.
How do I tell her that I just wanna be on my own for a while?

I know, this is probably kinda a pussy subject but it's something I just gotta get out of me =/
Key gear:
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gary Moore (Lemon Burst)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)
BC Rick Mockingbird ST (Red Quilt)
Laney IronHeart 60 watt head w/4x12 cab
Boss V-Wah
Last edited by mumbles36 at Sep 3, 2011,
tell her you want to meet up to talk, tell her you need some space to figure out who you are
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
dammit i thought this thread was on handjobs
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
You're never going to find a relationship where you don't fight occasionally. If you still like her you should consider giving her another chance.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
When my ex dumped me I wanted to get back together with her,but after a few months I can clearly see I don't and that it was soo much better to just let her go.Just tell her straight that you want time for yourself and such,don't tell her it's gonna be for "a while" or just until "you sort something out" because that will leave her with hope and you don't want that,just tell her that it would be best to go your separate ways...
Relationship thread, but...

Quote by rgrockr
You're never going to find a relationship where you don't fight occasionally. If you still like her you should consider giving her another chance.

If it's just constant fighting like he implied, they don't stand a chance in hell.
Go find the relationship thread, seriously, it'll help you out.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Quote by mumbles36

Just say it straight, meet up over coffee or ring her? No use dressing it up.

It looks like your choice is to either get back together right now, or never. Dont expect to be able to return to an amazing reception from her after you've had your 'break'.
my theory is if she has dumped you before there is nothing stopping her from doing it again but its your call, just do it kindly if anything
Thanks for the help guys although I don't think dressing up a lego batman and robin (I imagine implying becoming gay xD) is the answer lol. If I need handjob advice I'll be sure to ask bluekirby7 lol.
I'll try the relationship thread to.
Thanks again guys =)
Key gear:
Boss V-Wah
but don't hesitate to keep putting replies up =)
Key gear:
Boss V-Wah
Quote by mumbles36
Thanks for the help guys although I don't think dressing up a lego batman and robin (I imagine implying becoming gay xD) is the answer lol. If I need handjob advice I'll be sure to ask bluekirby7 lol.
I'll try the relationship thread to.
Thanks again guys =)

I was just messing haha. But seriously. Some people regret the choices they make and they realize that too late. She might have broken up and realized how big of a mistake it was ...
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
She just wanted to sleep with someone else without feeling guilty. She's a real woman anyway, she doesn't love you.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by mumbles36
Hi guys, me and my gf have just split up right? It was her that did the dumping after a hearted argument that lasted a couple of days (it's now nearly a week since we split up).
Now she's wanting to get back together.
As much as I love her I just don't want to be with her anymore because of all the arguing we did in the last few months - I don't wanna hurt her and I don't wanna BE hurt anymore.

I know, this is probably kinda a pussy subject but it's something I just gotta get out of me =/

Tell her you need some time being alone. If you get back together, it will only force more fights in the long run. Therefore, tell her directly without sugar coating it. Dont take a defensive approach and be supportive throughout the conversation if she needs it. No point in a relationship desired by the half of it. Eventually, she will get over it. Cheers
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Try to get back together with her, but don't get to close. Give eachother some distance, do your own thing and let her do hers. Basically just try starting over and taking things easy
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.