Hi guys, this is my first time using the forum, so you'll have to excuse some things I do.

Anyway, i have been playing for around 7 years now, and recently an uncle of mine gave me a 2003 Ibanez RG1550mz Prestige. Now, as I wish to buy myself a Fender, and due to the fact I rarely use the Prestige due to personal preference, I have decided to sell it. The problem is, the tremolo is not balanced and the fine tuners are faulty and don't tune to the standard they do on my Edge 3 tremolo. I also wish to maybe keep the case to use for my other RG.

How would you advise me to approach selling it, and how much (in £ sterling) do you think I would be likely to get?

Or even better, anyone here interested?
Id say parts more than likely yeah, if the fine tuners are faulty then that's going to need either repaired or the bridge replaced. Generally RG1550s dont sell for much, check ebay tbh.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Thanks for feedback. If I was to sell it, addressing the issues and selling with the case, would that make it somewhat better?
I think if you have to replace the bridge to fix the tuners then it would be better to sell it for parts or as is.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
What the fuck did you do to it?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by demprawnz
Hi guys, this is my first time using the forum, so you'll have to excuse some things I do.

Anyway, i have been playing for around 7 years now, and recently an uncle of mine gave me a 2003 Ibanez RG1550mz Prestige. Now, as I wish to buy myself a Fender, and due to the fact I rarely use the Prestige due to personal preference, I have decided to sell it. The problem is, the tremolo is not balanced and the fine tuners are faulty and don't tune to the standard they do on my Edge 3 tremolo. I also wish to maybe keep the case to use for my other RG.

How would you advise me to approach selling it, and how much (in £ sterling) do you think I would be likely to get?

Or even better, anyone here interested?

You can balance the trem yourself. Having a guitar of this caliber, you should really learn how it works

Also, 2nd bolded part.. What's wrong with it? the hardware should be of very good quality..
Yeah seriously, just the fact that you've even considered asking this question means that for some reason you're completely unable to tune your guitar and totally suck. Your Edge 3 tunes it well but your Prestige doesn't which means that you, as a person, are infinitely worse. You should probably learn to play your guitar before you even think about talking on these forums again.
Quote by Deltast0rm
Yeah seriously, just the fact that you've even considered asking this question means that for some reason you're completely unable to tune your guitar and totally suck. Your Edge 3 tunes it well but your Prestige doesn't which means that you, as a person, are infinitely worse. You should probably learn to play your guitar before you even think about talking on these forums again.

fuck off prick

TS your prestige should be far better than your RG with the Edge. Take it to a decent tech and get it setup properly. Then once thats done and if you still dont like it over your other RG chuck in on ebay where you should easily get about £400+

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Deltast0rm

Good sir, I got this guitar HEAVILY USED, as i stated it was made in 2003, hence over time the parts have become terribly worn... i turn the fine tuners, no change to the strings tuning. This is nothing to do with playing.
Quote by Pac_man0123
His guitar is probably out of tune and he thinks he can tune the damn thing back to normal using only the fine tuners.

TS, go visit the Floyd Rose setup thread (found in this forum) and learn how to set it up.

Read response to deltast0rm.
Quote by Deltast0rm
Hey now, there's no need for rudeness here.

You were the one being rude. If someone posts a thread they want help, not insults. To TS: I would take it to a local shop and have them quote you how much it would cost to get everything fixed. If its too much, just try selling as is. RGs are pretty quick sellers atm.
Quote by Deltast0rm
Hey now, there's no need for rudeness here.

... after your initial post, you cannot say that.

To TS: You say when you turn the fine tuners, it doesn't change at all, correct? Well then you might be right when you say it's worn that badly.. Honestly shouldn't be, but y'know..

Take it to a guitar store and see what they can do to it.
Quote by demprawnz
Good sir, I got this guitar HEAVILY USED, as i stated it was made in 2003, hence over time the parts have become terribly worn... i turn the fine tuners, no change to the strings tuning. This is nothing to do with playing.

Here's a thread on Jemsite about a person who seemed to have had the same problem:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f16/rgt3120-broken-edgepro-trem-65472.html