how much does your gear weight ? amp /rack etc.. ????

im building a rack and im seriously thinking about splitting the rack gear in 2 . instead of 6U .. i would buy 2x 3U . so i could split the weight .

maybe power amp ( carvin ts 100 probably or vht 2:50:2 ) + power conditioner in a rack 3U and rocktorn piranha , ada mp1 , rocktron voodu valve in another ) .

So instead of having a nearly 100 pounds rack , i would carry 2 x 50 ( thats an example ) .

anyone does that ??? splitting the weight . many people seem to prefer head+ cab to split the weight of those Mesa boogie mark iv that weight nearly 83 pounds . i cant lift that ( not safely ) , i had 2 hernia repair and dont wanna mess by lifting too much and having my hernia mesh ripped .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Sep 3, 2011,
i think splitting the rack is a great idea. i think the first step would be to analyze your whole rig and find out what is necessary. once you bring it down to the necessary things, try to make each piece as light as possible. in most cases, you just have stuff weigh whatever and deal with it. i like to make fewer trips and have a couple bigger pieces. in your case, though, i would try to split it into as many light pieces as you can. you dont want to overdo it while carrying things.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
My amp is 30kg, and then I have a standard weight LP, so its not too bad. Though the amp can get tedious at times.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by Skysc
i had 2 hernia repair and dont wanna mess by lifting too much and having my hernia mesh ripped .

Recommend you sell all your gear and start again with some lighter wieght stuff!
My half-stack comes up to about 20kg, plus the pedalboard and guitar, I would guess less than 35kg(77 pounds) all up. Given your medical history, you'll probably want to split gear up as much as possible, or at the very least, sort out some castor wheels so you wont have to lift it just to move it back and forth. It means an extra trip back to the van when you're setting up for a gig, but it saves you a trip to the hospital.
Quote by Grif22
My half-stack comes up to about 20kg

Half stack.. 20kg?
My 1x12 combo weighs 40kg, there is no way your half stack is less than that!
Quote by littlephil
Half stack.. 20kg?
My 1x12 combo weighs 40kg, there is no way your half stack is less than that!

mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23

LOL LOL LOL
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
This thread delivers.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
My amp weighs about 150 lbs, IIRC.

My guitars aren't all too heavy. One of them is about 3 lbs (probably less, I swear).
Where's Waldo?
Just get a furniture dolly or loading dolly. Shoot, I put my rack on top of my 2x12. Easy.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by bubb_tubbs
This thread delivers.

It's Not Delivery. It's DiGiorno.

On topic: Most racks come with even number of spaces, at least the ones I've seen, so a 2 x 3U deal seems like a no-go. You could do 3 x 2U setup or a 2 x 4 and put a 2U drawer in one. Your initial idea of splitting them up does seem like a good idea though.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
It's Not Delivery. It's DiGiorno.

On topic: Most racks come with even number of spaces, at least the ones I've seen, so a 2 x 3U deal seems like a no-go. You could do 3 x 2U setup or a 2 x 4 and put a 2U drawer in one. Your initial idea of splitting them up does seem like a good idea though.

They sell practically any size you want.

fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=10459496144011635269&sa=X&ei=2NxiTuCIE-jkiAL0iYWyCg&ved=0CEAQ8gIwBA">fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=10459496144011635269&sa=X&ei=2NxiTuCIE-jkiAL0iYWyCg&ved=0CEAQ8gIwBA">http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=skb+3u+rack&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=10459496144011635269&sa=X&ei=2NxiTuCIE-jkiAL0iYWyCg&ved=0CEAQ8gIwBA

This rolling one might be nice for OP. Or even a rolling 6U.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
My cube is 15 pounds, my rp355 is about 5 pounds, and my strat is about 7-9 pounds. I have a pretty light rig
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
My Crate valve amp is 50lbs (!!!) and I can't lift it without a buddy. My guitar is pretty hefty too (it's a maple semi-hollow) and I have this aluminium pedal case...
So basically, I'd need roadies. Except I don't really gig this stuff much.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass