Page 1 of 6
Something I've been thinking about.

Men, in the olden days of hunting saber-toothed tigers, must have had to be aggressive to hunt, as well as strong to keep his bitchez in line. This meant that the man who was less aggressive wouldn't hunt or mate successfully. Their genes would not be passed on as much as the former stronger male.

Now, with the comforts of modern society, men who are...less-manly (?)...have no problem surviving and mating, thus allowing for their wussy genes to be passed on.

I'm sure there are technicalities to this and a more scientific way to explain this, but I cannae be arsed.
inb4 feminine men start talking about how masculinity is bullshit and society is what makes men want to be manly.
pinga
I hate how people started carrying around hand sanitizer and act like they have their entire lives, but I don't know if that's what you're talking about.
manly is a stupid term anyway

social shit has thrown evolution off its 'course'

meaning the term 'manly' is nothing but a way to describe how the general consensus of men are

so no, they haven't become less manly, they're still manly, manly just means something else now

oh, and there's still a lot of overcompensating idiots out there if that's what you were asking
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Yeah, the mark of a good man is that he's able to keep his bitches in line and slaughter animals efficiently.
Yes, all of you wimps on this site are becoming less manly. Deal with it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by laid-to-waste
manly is a stupid term anyway

social shit has thrown evolution off its 'course'

meaning the term 'manly' is nothing but a way to describe how the general consensus of men are

so no, they haven't become less manly, they're still manly, manly just means something else now

oh, and there's still a lot of overcompensating idiots out there if that's what you were asking

Well put.

But

You have to stop

pressing enter so much.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Cb4rabid
inb4 feminine men start talking about how masculinity is bullshit and society is what makes men want to be manly.

It is bullshit, man.

Perhaps if we are less manly we can free the testosterone from our brains and stop thinking with out dicks.

Cos that's what I see most men do.

Being manly is one thing, being a douche is another.

I'd rather be less masculine than a total asshole.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by entity0009
Well put.

But

You have to stop

pressing enter so much.

why can't you just love me for who i am

this is me

why can't you love me

i love you through thick and thin

and you're my oyster

tbh if i was gay and 40 years younger

but that's a different story
Quote by due 07
Yeah, the mark of a good man is that he's able to keep his bitches in line and slaughter animals efficiently.

Actually, it's being able to maintain a nice handlebar mustache.

that's a man's man right there.

Quote by Guitar0player
It is bullshit, man.

Perhaps if we are less manly we can free the testosterone from our brains and stop thinking with out dicks.

Cos that's what I see most men do.

Being manly is one thing, being a douche is another.

I'd rather be less masculine than a total asshole.

Also,

pinga
Last edited by Cb4rabid at Sep 3, 2011,
Yeah, I mean. I don't think even 10 years ago you'd see men who regularly shave their arms and legs. I've known people who've done that.

Then again you could counter-argue that arm/leg hair being manly is just an opinion; along with the whole consensus of what being "manly" is.
Last edited by Sief9 at Sep 3, 2011,
Quote by laid-to-waste
why can't you just love me for who i am

this is me

why can't you love me

i love you through thick and thin

and you're my oyster

tbh if i was gay and 40 years younger

but that's a different story

Good sir

I am

no mollusc
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Good sir

I am

no mollusc

is that a sex toy? because i have quite a few reasons to refute that

if you know what i mean

if you don't, i was implying you're my sexual object

<3
Quote by Cb4rabid
Actually, it's being able to maintain a nice handlebar mustache.

that's a man's man right there.

Also,

Humor is hard to understand over the internet.
"keep his bitchez in line" ...pathetic. Total drunk-ass douchebags think like that. Find a girl, love it, keep it, and forget about the masculine bull@#$%... won't even matter as long as you love her and she loves you anyways. "Bitches"... OMFG. Douchy!
Quote by Sief9
Yeah, I mean. I don't think even 10 years ago you'd see men who regularly shave their arms and legs. I've known people who've done that.

Oh no
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by guitar/bass95
You are becoming more boring.

/thread

Yeah? Well you're becoming more Norwegian.

*snaps fingers*
If I'm high, does that make me a Flying Dutchman?

Legal weed, windmills, clogs, and speed cameras. Welcome to the Netherlands!
Quote by Guitar0player

Humor is hard to understand over the internet.

I thought you were calling me an asshole
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid

It is bullshit. And I'm not feminine.

I know a guy who's a classic man. No matter what he does, he's just a guy. He's a science teacher who collects D&D stuff and loves Star Wars. But he's a man and proud of it.

Personally, I like not being really manly. It sucks when people don't treat me the same way as other guys but I just don't like how so many guys fit to the male stereotype. I enjoy being a little androgynous.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Cb4rabid
I thought you were calling me an asshole

Did I specifically say "Cb4rabid, you are an asshole"?
Some historians are teaching that history began some 10,000 years ago. Humans existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunter/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the winter and would go to the coast to live on fish and lobster in the summer.

The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundations of modern civilization, and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups: Liberals & Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered, it required grain, and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early human ancestors were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That’s how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as “the Conservative movement.”

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting, learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q’s and doing the sewing, fetching and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the liberal movement.

Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy and group hugs, and the concept of democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years, conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare. Most liberal women have higher testosterone levels than their liberal men.

Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, Hollywood actors and group therapists, are liberals. Liberals don’t like the designated hitter rule because it isn’t “fair” to have to pitch to good hitters without having a break every ninth batter.

Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, soldiers, athletes, and generally, anyone who works productively. Many conservatives own companies and hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to “govern” the producers and decide what to do with the production! Liberals are against corporations and free enterprise. Liberals want to distribute all wealth so that everyone is equal.

Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. Most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America. They crept in later after the Wild West was tame and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Liberals believe that it is offensive to mention “God” in public. They want to keep all poor people continually dependent on government welfare programs. Liberals oppose home ownership and the rule of law. Liberals desire to make all decisions based upon feelings rather than facts.

Here ends today’s lesson in world history.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by BladeSlinger
It is bullshit. And I'm not feminine.

I know a guy who's a classic man. No matter what he does, he's just a guy. He's a science teacher who collects D&D stuff and loves Star Wars. But he's a man and proud of it.

Personally, I like not being really manly. It sucks when people don't treat me the same way as other guys but I just don't like how so many guys fit to the male stereotype. I enjoy being a little androgynous.

I meant that as a joke (noted by the feminine men part), but i'm really 50/50 on the subject.

I think culture plays a huge role in it too. My parents come from Nicaragua. A man is expected to be manly. Im not talking about having a beard and having to wrestle with bears and stuff, but just do manly things. Like being able to work with tools, and just being handy around the house, that type of stuff. i don't really see this as a bad thing, although women can be quite handy with tools too.

...if you know what I mean

Quote by Guitar0player
Did I specifically say "Cb4rabid, you are an asshole"?

Oooo, feisty eh?
pinga
Last edited by Cb4rabid at Sep 3, 2011,
Quote by Jackal58
Some historians are teaching that history began some 10,000 years ago. Humans existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunter/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the winter and would go to the coast to live on fish and lobster in the summer.

The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundations of modern civilization, and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups: Liberals & Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered, it required grain, and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early human ancestors were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That’s how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as “the Conservative movement.”

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting, learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q’s and doing the sewing, fetching and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the liberal movement.

Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy and group hugs, and the concept of democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years, conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare. Most liberal women have higher testosterone levels than their liberal men.

Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, Hollywood actors and group therapists, are liberals. Liberals don’t like the designated hitter rule because it isn’t “fair” to have to pitch to good hitters without having a break every ninth batter.

Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, soldiers, athletes, and generally, anyone who works productively. Many conservatives own companies and hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to “govern” the producers and decide what to do with the production! Liberals are against corporations and free enterprise. Liberals want to distribute all wealth so that everyone is equal.

Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. Most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America. They crept in later after the Wild West was tame and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Liberals believe that it is offensive to mention “God” in public. They want to keep all poor people continually dependent on government welfare programs. Liberals oppose home ownership and the rule of law. Liberals desire to make all decisions based upon feelings rather than facts.

Here ends today’s lesson in world history.

TL;DR
Nah man...the less manly guys have more chance of ''mating'' than your traditional ''macho'' guy. Sad, so sad.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
There is a difference between being manly and being a macho idiot. I'm kind of middle ground here in this discussion, so I'll try to make my point as succinctly as possible.

Men used to do what needed to be done and have honor because that is what it meant to be a man. (None of this is taking away from women, who also historically have done what has to be done, etc.) Now I just see a lot more of men acting like peacocks than men. And saying that macho men are sexist is true for the most part, but all these scene kids with their emo haircuts (from the few conversations I've had) seem to be WAY more sexist than your average joe and in denial about it.

I guess it depends on how you define manly, but there is definitely something lacking these days.
Quote by Cb4rabid
I meant that as a joke (noted by the feminine men part), but i'm really 50/50 on the subject.

I think culture plays a huge role in it too. My parents come from Nicaragua. A man is expected to be manly. Im not talking about having a beard and having to wrestle with bears and stuff, but just do manly things. Like being able to work with tools, and just being handy around the house, that type of stuff. i don't really see this as a bad thing, although women can be quite handy with tools too.

Oooo, feisty eh?

Then no, I believe I didnt call you an asshole.

Well, if you look at it that way...that pretty much defines a man really.

And a man is defined by how well he handles power tools.
Quote by Cb4rabid

Here men are expected to hunt, fish, use power tools, drink beer 24/7, and have no emotional expression.

Can't say I do any of that. And if a guy is ever being an asshole and not listening to their girl, it's "because they're a guy" or some shit. So they build a stupid stereotype when they're really being assholes. Don't get me wrong, women are confusing as hell sometimes but a lot of guys use the stereotype as an excuse for not putting forth any effort.

I greatly dislike the expectations of men because it's all pretty trivial stuff but so many people don't consider you a "real man" unless you do them.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Kozlic
Nah man...the less manly guys have more chance of ''mating'' than your traditional ''macho'' guy. Sad, so sad.

Actually that's brilliant, if I had to choose which can survive I'd choose the first.

Also, your signature didnt make me smile
Quote by Mitsos55
"keep his bitchez in line" ...pathetic. Total drunk-ass douchebags think like that. Find a girl, love it, keep it, and forget about the masculine bull@#$%... won't even matter as long as you love her and she loves you anyways. "Bitches"... OMFG. Douchy!

While agree with your sentiment, you mightn't have much of a leg to stand on when you repeatedly refer to women as "its."
Quote by BladeSlinger
Here rednecks are expected to hunt, fish, use power tools, drink beer 24/7, and have no emotional expression.

Can't say I do any of that. And if a guy is ever being an asshole and not listening to their girl, it's "because they're a guy" or some shit. So they build a stupid stereotype when they're really being assholes. Don't get me wrong, women are confusing as hell sometimes but a lot of guys use the stereotype as an excuse for not putting forth any effort.

I greatly dislike the expectations of men because it's all pretty trivial stuff but so many people don't consider you a "real man" unless you do them.

Fixed
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Yes, men are becoming less manly. There is a new hybrid breed that has shown signs of heightened femininity--they are called "hipsters".
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
I'm not a fan of "manliness" or anything but I wear jeans made for my goddamn sex. My jeans are a slim cut, but that's because I have a 27 waist and tiny legs. I like things to fit. Hot Topic always has freakishly small jeans so I tried theirs once and I got angry as soon as they were on. They were tight in all the wrong places and looked ridiculous on me.

I use one brand of jeans (Levi's ftw) and that's it. No use in wasting a ton of time trying on all these different brands when already fits fine and looks ok.

EDIT: Point taken, Jackal. I mostly get that because that's a lot of my family and I'm the odd one out. And my family isn't full of rednecks. It's kind of the norm when all guys are a little country in a town of 1,500 and almost all your family does it.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Sep 3, 2011,
Quote by Jackal58
*hurr*

Quote by hawk5211
This. Its pretty ****ing sad as well.

How is it fucking sad? If anything is fucking sad, it's the expectation that you need to validate yourself and your gender based on some arbitrary societal standards on how to act, how to dress, who to love, etc.