I've been searching around for concerts I want to see, and have found some by some pretty big bands that'll be coming here sometime. I'm pretty up for going to see these bands, and am pretty excited about possibly getting tickets, but basically, nobody I know gives a shit about them so I can't get anyone to go with me. Is it worth going by myself or will I just not have enough fun without a friend? I'm not a frequent concert goer, so I just wanted some thoughts from those more concert hardened than I. Will the lack of a friend ruin the concert for me?
Go on your own.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I'd go alone. Just do it
Quote by angusfan16
I opened my eyes and found my mother standing next to me with my sheets in one hand and the other hand over her eyes. She said, "Why are you naked!" and i quickly tried to come up with an answer, but all i could get out was, "Feels good man."
Go dude, it is worth it
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Im in the situation now, none of my friends are into heavy music and theres an all dayer tommorrow with tones of bands

Might be going alone....
It won't ruin it for you. You'll lose yourself in the music. It's an amazing feeling, just go yourself, bud.
Most of the time I get separated from my friends in the crowd anyways so it's no big deal. Odds are you'll make a friend there.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
go. **** every one else.

meet some girls at the show and say your lame ass friend bailed on you, they will let you kick it.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
a concert is a good place to find friends with the same music taste as you. just go and have fun.
You don't want to miss an opportunity to listen to some great music. Go by yourself and have fun.

Out of curiosity, what bands?
All you need is yo' fingers and the strings
Ok, that's pretty much what i expected, just wanted to hear it from someone. Umm, Rise Against at the O2 in Brixton is the main one, and I'm toying with Evanescence, but I'm not sure I can be ****ed.
Festivals should have tents for people who go there alone, so that they can make some new friends!

It would be awesome, because if you go alone, it's not always easy to spot other people who are there solo
DeVillains!
Haha! NIL, you're not filling me with confidence! But yeah, sounds pretty good apart from that, thanks. Seems like a way of meeting new friends, or strangers.
I had to go by myself to the Black Label Berzerkus last year, but it was still ****ing wicked.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
go dude, you can meet new people there that enjoy the same music as you
Rig: Epi LP Standard
Mesa/Boogie TransAtlantic 15
Line 6 Spider IV

GAS: too many stuff to list
Go alone. I always end up talking with random people all the time even if I went with someone else. Like other people have said, concerts are great places to meet people with similar musical tastes. You're both there to see at least one band that you enjoy, there's a good starting conversation.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Listen to these people, they know what they speak of.
Quote by DukeDeRox
Obviously you got this.
Quote by Billma
Ok, that's pretty much what i expected, just wanted to hear it from someone. Umm, Rise Against at the O2 in Brixton is the main one, and I'm toying with Evanescence, but I'm not sure I can be ****ed.

You can't find someone to go to Rise Against and Evanescence? Since when does nobody like radio rock anymore?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

If you had friends to go with you and you wanted to get into the crowd you'd lose them and either not notice/not care or make new friends while you're in there. Nobody will know you turned up alone.
Quote by Billma

I would definitely go.
All you need is yo' fingers and the strings
No one wanted to go to Metallica with me a few years back, so I took my dad (I was 15 at the time so I wasn't allowed to go alone). It was awesome.
"Of all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these: it might have been."

Quote by guitarplayer$
I was in a band in grade 7 with a could of dudes named "dabo" and tyler. My name's steve so we actually went on stage as S.T.D.
Go by yourself. You get to do what you like and look like an idiot without anyone recognising you. More fun imo but I like to go with someone else sometimes.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I am usually too high to give a damn about anyone I am with at concerts. Just go alone.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.