Hello,

what do you thing is better to get a normal RG prestige or Joe Satriani signature JS1000

You can recommend another guitar
My Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez RG350EX
Cort CR280
Ibznez GRG170DX
Fender Startocaster American Standard
Yamaha Acoustic CPX500
Hofner Acoustic Guitar
Zoom G2.1NU
Zoom GFX-1
Boss DS-1
Marshall MG50 3/5
out of those two, the prestige
signature models cost more just because of the name, a prestige would be a better value
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
For that money, I would look at a used J custom, or maybe a US made Jackson Soloist.

Honestly, the only thing really different between that JS besides the body style is the pickups and the 22 fret neck. The standard prestige RGs have 24 frets and Ibanez pickups, the JS series has 22 frets and select Dimarzio pickups. Both have Basswood bodies and maple necks/roswood fingerboard. the JS series have either an Edge or Edge Pro tremolo. The RGs have either an Edge Pro or Edge Zero.

As for the quality, they are both made in Japan by Team J craft. The level of quality should be about the same with the JS being slightly higher, but not much.

Unless you are a huge Satch fan, or you love that body shape and want 22 frets for a warmer neck tone, then I think you should get an RG and mod it out with new pickups - you'll end up saving some money too.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I own a JS1000 and it's one of the best guitars I've ever played. Super, super easy to play, and very versatile because of the pickups (though not necessarily suited to high gain metal as the pickups are medium output). Whether it's better than an RG prestige is pretty vague cause there's a pretty big range of prestiges. I would probably rate the JS higher than any of them that I've played though (ranging up to the RG3000s).
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
A JS neck feels very different to the Prestige RG necks. I really think you should try them both, if at all possible.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by stonyman65
For that money, I would look at a used J custom, or maybe a US made Jackson Soloist.

Honestly, the only thing really different between that JS besides the body style is the pickups and the 22 fret neck. The standard prestige RGs have 24 frets and Ibanez pickups, the JS series has 22 frets and select Dimarzio pickups. Both have Basswood bodies and maple necks/roswood fingerboard. the JS series have either an Edge or Edge Pro tremolo. The RGs have either an Edge Pro or Edge Zero.

As for the quality, they are both made in Japan by Team J craft. The level of quality should be about the same with the JS being slightly higher, but not much.

Unless you are a huge Satch fan, or you love that body shape and want 22 frets for a warmer neck tone, then I think you should get an RG and mod it out with new pickups - you'll end up saving some money too.

The only thing is annoying me is the 22 frets but i'm leaning to the JS because of DiMarzio pickups
I tried them both and it looks that the JS has higher end quality
Yes i'm huge JS fan
My Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez RG350EX
Cort CR280
Ibznez GRG170DX
Yamaha Acoustic CPX500
Hofner Acoustic Guitar
Zoom G2.1NU
Zoom GFX-1
Boss DS-1
Marshall MG50 3/5
Quote by VVolverin3
I own a JS1000 and it's one of the best guitars I've ever played. Super, super easy to play, and very versatile because of the pickups (though not necessarily suited to high gain metal as the pickups are medium output). Whether it's better than an RG prestige is pretty vague cause there's a pretty big range of prestiges. I would probably rate the JS higher than any of them that I've played though (ranging up to the RG3000s).

I tried the both and saw the the JS1000 is easier to play and has a higher quality finish
and that what i really want, no high gain metal
My Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez RG350EX
Cort CR280
Ibznez GRG170DX
Yamaha Acoustic CPX500
Hofner Acoustic Guitar
Zoom G2.1NU
Zoom GFX-1
Boss DS-1
Marshall MG50 3/5
It will boill down to what you prefer feel wise in necks. I have had both prestige RGs and JS1000s and a chrome boy. I ended up trading the RG in against the first of my JS1000s as I preferred the feel of the neck. Get a hold of both of them in a shop. The RG's have a shallow 'c' profile and a flat fingerboard which was very nice in itself and many people like it. You get 24 frets which are jumbo sized from what I remember, the JS has a fuller and bigger profile in the hand. It is also multi radius. It only has 22 frets as peviously stated and the frets are a bit smaller as well (6105) which I prefer.

Good luck in narrowing down your choice.
Quote by Prophet of Page
A JS neck feels very different to the Prestige RG necks. I really think you should try them both, if at all possible.

This the js neck is a more traditional neck then the modern rgs because thats what satch wanted.