supposed to be fun.

back to school spoken word (woo-woo-woo)

turn around run aground lather rinse repeat forget where you threw the anchor in panic at the brisk clip of a texas rapist convict with his head between a rock and the priestess he left when he knowingly crossed beams with the devil and his morals turned anorexic

turn around run aground lather rinse repeat the fist pump at the old horse in the sky try to steal the fire but when you finally reach the altar find that somebody beat you to it,

turn around run aground lather rinse repeat Its been two years since you walked these outdoor halls that used to go on forever but now either you’ve grown up or they’ve shrunk and the music from the cathedral on the hill sounds like leather, so you pat your face stroke your features, try to feel any alteration of your psysiology, but the only difference is the faces of the midnight mirror ghosts and the content of the tarot reader’s prophecy, turn around run aground lather rinse repeat

some birthday candles blowing wild in a windless bathroom,
turn around run aground lather rinse repeat
some clock tick tatoos in a womb of a lover you left three countries ago and now you’re back still to hear her heart beat slow and your best friend from third grade is getting married and her mother has throat cancer and josh is in rehab and lisa should be in rehab and dad’s gone for his swan song off the coast of mexico and no ones coming back here to be wierd with you like you were all wierd with eachother when you were a college freshman damnation to this world you’re living quick grab the safety too late to smash it out of his hands and when the horse finishes his whinny and you stop to look and breathe again some guns have shot god full of holes and you kneel to paste him together again

and then theres some real nice people to pick you up and then theres some real nice people to drown you and turn around run aground lather rinse repeat sing the song like do do do do do, hey slc, heres a welcome back song, woo-woo-woo
I've always loved your writing, but I think you knew that. This is no exception, it's beautiful and rolls off the tongue like a wheel stumbling spinning. It was fun and I think conveys a lot more truth than some poems more serious. Glad to see you're still writing around here. Do you have a blog I can follow? Or is that in your sig? I didn't even check.
It's a little hard to read as text walls, perhaps easier to judge if it were broken up into beats?

I loved the repetition of the "Turn around, run aground, lather rinse repeat", it tied each section together nicely. Most are perfectly fine with some really fluid parts in there, a couple that (to me) seemed to be very slightly off (used to go on forever but now either you’ve grown up or they’ve shrunk - this and "Midnight mirror ghosts" were impeccable, I loved these bits)

It's a strong piece overall. I liked it
I also have a piece on the frontpage somewhere, I'd like very much if you read it (crit not necessary, but welcome)
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.