Hi. I have a Line 6 Spider IV 15 (I know everybody hate those, but I quite like 'em) And I will have a gig (high school project, no commment) next march. Obviously, my 15 watt shit make it, and I took this occasion as the perfect time to upgrade my amp. My favorite sound is the crunch preset, wich can reach fat heavy distorded as well as light, trebly cleans. Still its sounds digital, shallow. I know it was modeled after some amp/pedal combo, and i wondered what it was? because if it was modeled after a, lets say, Marshall/DS-1, then I would shop Marshalls.

Know what I mean?

And the place i'll be playing is like 300 persons big, was wondering how many watts I would need? another feature i would enjoy a lot, is a footswitchable channel clean/dirty.

I plan on selling my actual amp and footswitch for a 100$CAD, and I cant get a budget right now. I live in Quebec(hence the poor english), and I have a very few guitar shop'round but I would probably go to Montreal for buying. I dont mind buying online neither.
If you're playing with a drum kit anything from say, 50-100 watts would be enough. I would recommend going to a store and trying out different amps. Stick with solid state or tube amps, because digital amps will never sound as good. I like Marshall, I find even their less expensive amps still have really good tone for the price. Really good natural distortion, should be able to do what you want it to do based on the tone you described.
30 watts, tube would probably be more than enough to play with a drum kit.

50-100 watts would be enough to blow the roof off of your house.

Marshall really only starts getting good once you get to about $1000 with their JCM2000 DSL amps. Their MG series is notably terrible and is hated just as much as the Line 6 Spiders on UG.

What type of amp do you want? Combo or stack?

I would go with a Blackstar HT-20 or HT-40... or a Peavey Vypyr Tube if you're set on "preset" amps. A JCA (Jet City Amplification) 20 would be good as well.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Check out Traynor they got something for you i'm sure especially the YCS Series. I own the YCS 100 and it has great tone and features and blows away anything in the price range. Not to mention there Canadian and you get a two year warranty that even includes if you break it theyll fix it :P
I'll be playing with drumset, bass, mics, even cello and violin. To help you people for the sound i need, heres a few of the songs: Jet Lag-Simple Plan, Gorgeous Nightmare-Escape the Fate, Animal I Have Become-Three Days Grace.... This range. I would prefer combo amps, cabs are a pretty mess to get around in my opinion.. Does a solid state 50 watts get me enough power to be heard enough? Marshalls are OK, but I would like a quite heavier, more modern distorion. And the footswitch is like... almost a must-have?
You can check out the peavey windsor... its 100 watts and modelled after a marshall and has a Plexi type tone.
If you're very tight on a budget (although you don't have one yet) you might be able to pull it off depending on how loud the other people are, and the size of the venue. If its a gym then 50 might be a bit less but it would work, you'd just be pushing the amp and it will sound muddy. Most SS ams sound muddy after you take it past 3 or 4 o clock with the master volume. For around $400 USD you can get a peavey valveking which would be more than enough for that. If you want to go SS, then you have alot of options for 75/100 watt amps.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
The thing I love with the Line 6 is that i have my cleans, then rock fat ovderdrive, then crazy mother****in' brutal metal distortion, only with a kick on the footswitch. It's just like having two ditortion pedal. does peavey tube have the footswitch? I need like at least 4 channels:
1:mellow cleans
2:crunchy bluesy cleans
3:rock overdrive
4:metal distortion
Altough the second one isnt something i would cry if I dont have it. Otherwise, i may just go to a 75W spider IV OR a jam.
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Sep 4, 2011,
Quote by TSngRemainTSame
You can check out the peavey windsor... its 100 watts and modelled after a marshall and has a Plexi type tone.

Yes the Peavey Windsor is a good choice, because the Crunch channel is bassed on a Marshall Plexi. The Peavey Windsor Studio would also be a good choice, it's the combo version of the head and is 20 watts IIRC. And 20 watts of tube power will be plenty for gigs.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by n1ckn1ce
The thing I love with the Line 6 is that i have my cleans, then rock fat ovderdrive, then crazy mother****in' brutal metal distortion, only with a kick on the footswitch. It's just like having two ditortion pedal. does peavey tube have the footswitch? I need like at least 4 channels:
1:mellow cleans
2:crunchy bluesy cleans
3:rock overdrive
4:metal distortion
Altough the second one isnt something i would cry if I dont have it. Otherwise, i may just go to a 75W spider IV OR a jam.

If you want that many Chanels, your gonna spend ALOT OF CASH. The best alternitive for you would be something like a Spider Valve or Vyper tube combo.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If your interested in the SV PM me I have the SV HD100 and FBV short board I am selling
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by n1ckn1ce
sorry, but i'm not buying before christmas AT LEAST..... thanks alot guys.

No worries, just thought I ask.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate