So, I'm moving to Portland, Oregon soon and I want a much better guitar than the ones I have. I have an Ibanez S470sol, a Jackson RX10D in polka dot finish, and a Squier 50s Vibe. The most easily playable is the Squier I have, although the pickups aren't great. My Jackson RX10D comes in at a close second. The main problems I have with the S470 are the somewhat shoddy pickups, the tiny neck, and the cheap trem gets out of tune too much. The Jackson RX10D has a pretty damn nice licensed FR tremolo. Rarely gets out of tune. The Squier is my go-to guitar now. It just plays extremely easily, but I do want an Original Floyd Rose. So my question is: could you guys give me some guitar ideas to trade or sell my S470 and Squier for? I was thinking about a Jackson RR1. I've never played one, but if it's a higher-end version of the Jackson RX10D I have (which it is) it would be perfect, but I'd still like other ideas. Nothing over 1500ish. I'm going to have to shell out some cash anyway.

I'll never sell the RX10D. First guitar I ever had. Another thing is that I like the single coil brightness, so if you guys could come up with a guitar that has single coils and an FR that would be amazing. That's kind of hard to find, but I'd settle on humbuckers if it's a nice guitar with an FR.

Basically the only must have here is the Floyd Rose. Oh, and the only real problem I have with the RR models is that it's hard to sit and practice with them, so a nice, somewhat pricey guitar with an easily sittable body style is what I'm looking for, but with similar features to the RR1.
"To this day I don't have a guitar idol. I have people who are my favorites." - Randy Rhoads
Last edited by fretmaster13 at Sep 3, 2011,
All of them.

Naw for reals, check out the RR1, but how about details, amp, genre, skill, tone you're going for, etc.

EDIT: Check out the new X series from Jackson, finally more neckthrough models, its just sad some of their 1000+ dollar axes have bolt on. But new series, ****ing jizz-worthy. Neckthrough, EMG's, 24 bound frets, Floyd rose specials.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Sep 3, 2011,
The only problem I have with Jackson is what you said. It seems like they're expensive guitars (aside from older Jackson soloists, RR1s, and the like) have cheaper features. The FR special is made out of cheaper metals and what not for example. Bolt ons... Ya know
"To this day I don't have a guitar idol. I have people who are my favorites." - Randy Rhoads
Check out Carvin if you have that much, you could probably find something you'd like there.
If I found a strat with an original floyd rose I would totally go for it. Another guitar I was looking at is the somewhat obscure Fender Showmaster. Although it doesn't have an FR, it looks really close to the kind of guitar I'd like.

I just looked at the new Jackson RR X series... Wow. RRXMG... That thing looks sweet. Can't find any for sale though