I play stuff like Muse and RHCP, really a whole bunch of different genres.
I really like Telecasters. I've seen the Blacktop Series Tele, but I don't know if it's any good? Other suggestions?
Thanks
Sending a dummy to my God.

standard mexican tele
squier vintage modified

it's over $500, but if you want to wait a little, american special FTW, i love mine
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by Swannie
standard mexican tele
squier vintage modified

it's over $500, but if you want to wait a little, american special FTW, i love mine

I play some stuff that can get pretty heavy, would a standard mex tele be able to handle that?

how heavy? if we're talking drop tuned metal, go with the blacktop. But for heavy rock, scoop the bass on a mex and you should be fine
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by Swannie
how heavy? if we're talking drop tuned metal, go with the blacktop. But for heavy rock, scoop the bass on a mex and you should be fine

Like do you think it could cover everything from Muse to Animal Collective to RHCP to at the heaviest Tool?

Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Yes, the Blacktop Tele will do what you are trying to do with ease. It's a solidly built guitar on par with a standard series instrument. Also notable are Squier's Telecaster Custom (based off of a Fender Telecaster Deluxe), which gives you an extra tone knob and is about $100 (more or less) cheaper. My personal recommendation is that you at least look at a Fender Black Top Jazzmaster. It does only have one humbucker, but there is more of a wider spectrum because of the Jazzmaster single coil in the neck. Plus it has a Floating Tremolo.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi