Hi, this is my first time doing something like this so I'm really not sure if I put this in the right section. Anyways, so while practicing my improvisation skills, I decided to record myself and see for myself what I sound like. So, I went on youtube, found a backing track, and recorded myself playing along to it. As you may hear also, I decided to do two recordings as I wasn't sure which one sounded better and so I just combined them together lol.

Anyways, here it is: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/EncoreBlade/music/all/play1040696

Please let me know what you think and if there's anything about it that either stands out or sounds absolutely terrible, or even if you think it's boring as hell, leave a reply. I'm really trying to improve myself so I can get out of this little guitar rut that I feel that I'm in right now. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, while I was working on this I used some decent headphones, so it'd probably sound better if you used head/earphones while you listened to it.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Last edited by EncoreBlade at Sep 4, 2011,
It's hard to tell if this is actually good or not, because Bm is a naturally beautiful-sounding key. But it's good. Your bends sounded good, it had a level of repetition to it (it's a good thing; it keeps an order to the solo), you held out the notes rather than trying to play too quickly and ruin the song's tone. It felt like you were holding back though. Start out playing mellow, like you were. As the song builds, start putting a little more into it. Every now and then, don't be scared to throw in some faster (but not mindless) licks.

Edit: it sounded like you stayed in the same position on the neck the whole time. As boring as it may seem, it's a good idea to learn scales on the entire neck, rather than just a range of 4 or 5 frets.
If you could turn into a member of the opposite sex, would you make love to your former body? Think about that.
Last edited by paradox_047 at Sep 4, 2011,
Not a bad melody, but as far as the actual recording, it was annoying hearing two guitars that both had a sufficient amount of delay. It was too distracting.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Beautiful start, but I do agree with the others about overusing the delay with both guitars. Minimize the delay on each some and throw on some reverb. This sounds great, but needs work with the guitar sound. Great playing and excellent bends. Good recording quality. I loved it at about 3:07 or so. From that point on, it was even more enjoyable. Lastly, go crazy with those scales and use the entire fretboard if possible. It sounds as if you kept playing in the same position most of the time. Great track though.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476579
Thanks for the replies guys!

As for how I recorded my guitar, I had to use what I had which was a rock band mic, my amp, my pedals, and my guitar. The mic was plugged in via usb, but other than that, it was pretty much the only way I had to record.

And yea, I mainly played the scale within the 7-10th fret areas. That's why I wanted to get the feedback, as I wanted to know if what I was playing sounded too repetitive. So, at least now I know that I should add some versatality down, which means more 3 hour a day guitar sessions, which is kinda hard since I just started college.

As for the delay, the first time I recorded, I had my delay and reverb on as I recorded so I couldn't really do much after the post recording. The second time I decided to just make it a dry and effectless sound. I put a delay setting on here while I was fixing it as the lone sound of the guitar felt out of place. I'll try to fix that the next time I decide to record myself.

Anywho, thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate it as I know now what I should work on!
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater